Cedric Mullins 2024

DirtyBird

24 minutes ago, Malike said:

Cedric is really starting to get hot. He was barreling the ball in Boston and seems he's finding his timing now. If he can keep this up, we're going to be in good shape.

Wait, I thought he wasn't a good baseball player anymore.

• Haha 1

Seems like Mullins has begun to heat up and get it going this past week or so. I like how he’s swinging it now. He appears to be in a grove now.

One thing I observed in the game today watching him, there were a couple of times when I thought he did not use his speed/chose to throttle it down. - When he hit the double he kind of coasted into second, I thought if he opened it up 3 bags was possible. Though there were already 2 outs and that could have been his thinking? Also, when he was on second base, I thought he could have easily stolen third as they were practically giving it to him. Ortiz was playing way back. And Mullins chose not to run, for whatever reason.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Seems like Mullins has begun to heat up and get it going this past week or so. I like how he’s swinging it now. He appears to be in a grove now.

One thing I observed in the game today watching him, there were a couple of times when I thought he did not use his speed/chose to throttle it down. - When he hit the double he kind of coasted into second, I thought if he opened it up 3 bags was possible. Though there were already 2 outs and that could have been his thinking? Also, when he was on second base, I thought he could have easily stolen third as they were practically giving it to him. Ortiz was playing way back. And Mullins chose not to run, for whatever reason.

....or he could pull up lame again with a hamstring pull, which we don't need if he's hitting.  Let's be happy that he's making good decisions.  The extra base vs. reducing the chance of an injury?  I'll take the latter.

Never make the last out at third base.  He could have also been taking into account who was batting.  (I didn't see the game, so this is just a guess)

4 hours ago, Malike said:

Cedric is really starting to get hot. He was barreling the ball in Boston and seems he's finding his timing now. If he can keep this up, we're going to be in good shape.

But he’s not a good baseball player anymore.  Didn’t you read the OP?   It was all decided in the first 3 games of the year.  I’m not even sure why Mulllins is still here.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

But he’s not a good baseball player anymore.  Didn’t you read the OP?   It was all decided in the first 3 games of the year.  I’m not even sure why Mulllins is still here.  

He’s toast.  Should have been cut a long time ago.  He’s an old 29!   Get rid of the old guys!

To be clear, I don’t know if Mullins will have a solid year or not.  I just know you don’t judge that in 3 games, or 15 for that matter. And I like his chances of out producing 2023 this year.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

To be clear, I don’t know if Mullins will have a solid year or not.  I just know you don’t judge that in 3 games, or 15 for that matter. And I like his chances of out producing 2023 this year.  

So Hays has four more games to do something.

Got it!