Bubble Teams

waroriole

Great win for the Tigers tonight. Auburn probably jumped ahead of both Florida and South Carolina tonight thanks to South Carolina's loss. If 3 SEC teams get in, Auburn has to be that third team now, but i still think thats a big if. A win over UT might clinch it though...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say the following teams are after 4 spots, as long as Tulsa/Baylor don't win tomorrow, Miss State doesnt win the SEC and assuming Temple hasn't done enough to warrant an at-large should they lose to Duquesne tomorrow.

Maryland, Minnesota, Penn State, Arizona, Providence, Creighton, South Carolina, St. Mary's, Auburn, New Mexico

I'll assume Florida and Virginia Tech are done with the losses today, and say Utah State will win the WAC tomorrow.

So, if you had to pick 4 teams from the group I listed as the last 4 at-large as of right now, who do you take?

I'd go with Maryland, Arizona, Minnesota definitely and the 4th one between some combination of Creighton/St. Mary's/Penn State.

Auburn could get into the conversation with a win over Tennessee tomorrow, and again, this could get screwed up by Baylor, Tulsa, Nevada/LaTech, Mississippi State etc.

I'd say the following teams are after 4 spots, as long as Tulsa/Baylor don't win tomorrow, Miss State doesnt win the SEC and assuming Temple hasn't done enough to warrant an at-large should they lose to Duquesne tomorrow.

Maryland, Minnesota, Penn State, Arizona, Providence, Creighton, South Carolina, St. Mary's, Auburn, New Mexico

I'll assume Florida and Virginia Tech are done with the losses today, and say Utah State will win the WAC tomorrow.

So, if you had to pick 4 teams from the group I listed as the last 4 at-large as of right now, who do you take?

I'd go with Maryland, Arizona, Minnesota definitely and the 4th one between some combination of Creighton/St. Mary's/Penn State.

Auburn could get into the conversation with a win over Tennessee tomorrow, and again, this could get screwed up by Baylor, Tulsa, Nevada/LaTech, Mississippi State etc.

I don't see how you can justify Arizona, Maryland, St. Mary's or Creighton in over Auburn. If Maryland wins today that is different, but they have really faltered down the stretch.

I don't see how you can justify Arizona, Maryland, St. Mary's or Creighton in over Auburn. If Maryland wins today that is different, but they have really faltered down the stretch.

Umm, why not? Who exactly has Auburn beaten? They are in a crappy conference, and their best win OOC was Virginia. That's my team, and trust me, if we are your best win, you better have some damn good wins in conference, and Auburn doesn't.

If Auburn beats Tennessee today, they'll have a bit better case, but nothing bothers me more than Power Conference teams who play ridiculously weak OOC schedules (cough the entire SEC cough)

Maryland has beaten Michigan State, UNC, Wake and Michigan. Arizona beat Gonzaga, Kansas, UCLA, Washington. St. Mary's and Creighton have both done a nice job picking up wins in Mid-Major conferences.

To me, the worst kind of bubble team is one from a power conference that chickened out from playing anyone in the OOC, then does well in a weak league and thinks they deserve to be in.

I'll be extremely upset if Auburn makes the tournament. They don't deserve it.

I'm all about Auburn and Jeff Lebo. The committee always talks about finishing strong. Auburn finished much better than Arizona. There is that loss to Mercer though. Seriously, Mercer?

I'm all about Auburn and Jeff Lebo. The committee always talks about finishing strong. Auburn finished much better than Arizona. There is that loss to Mercer though. Seriously, Mercer?

I understand you gotta be behind your Carolina boy, but seriously, who have they beaten?

LSU? And? And? And?

Their best OOC win was against UVA.

Think about that.

I don't care how they finished. You've gotta have some meat on your resume and they don't have any.

If they get in over Arizona or MAryland or St. Mary's or Creighton or a bunch of other teams I'll be pretty upset.

I understand you gotta be behind your Carolina boy, but seriously, who have they beaten?

LSU? And? And? And?

Their best OOC win was against UVA.

Think about that.

I don't care how they finished. You've gotta have some meat on your resume and they don't have any.

If they get in over Arizona or MAryland or St. Mary's or Creighton or a bunch of other teams I'll be pretty upset.

They beat Tennessee, Florida and LSU. They also beat Mississippi State Twice. Lost by 1 at Dayton and by 7 to Xavier.

St Mary's I'll give you, but not Creighton, and I'm iffy on Arizona. Maryland should be in.

They beat Florida and Alabama, who both beat Tennessee. They beat Mississippi State on the road....

St Mary's I'll give you, but not Creighton, and I'm iffy on Arizona. Maryland should be in.

Hey, I'm not big on Creighton either, but at least they beat Dayton. Auburn beat nobody.

Seriously, Alabama? That's a good win? I'm sorry, but Auburn didn't beat anybody.

Arizona went 9-9 in the Pac-10, and has wins over Gonzaga, Kansas, UCLA and WAshington. I understand they didn't play well on the road, but you seriously think Auburn should be in over Arizona? Really?

Auburn won 10 games in a crappy SEC. I just can't fathom them getting at-large bid.

Hey, I'm not big on Creighton either, but at least they beat Dayton. Auburn beat nobody.

Seriously, Alabama? That's a good win? I'm sorry, but Auburn didn't beat anybody.

Arizona went 9-9 in the Pac-10, and has wins over Gonzaga, Kansas, UCLA and WAshington. I understand they didn't play well on the road, but you seriously think Auburn should be in over Arizona? Really?

Auburn won 10 games in a crappy SEC. I just can't fathom them getting at-large bid.

They beat LSU, Tennessee, and Miss St twice...Not embarrassing by any stretch.

I think Auburn should be considered, not saying they belong in over anyone except Creighton from your list. I'm still iffy on Zona. I do think St Mary's and Maryland are in.

Archived