Hangout Night Pregame at "The Nest"

Tony-OH

What's your plan for Saturday's Hangout Night at the Yard?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What's your plan for Saturday's Hangout Night at the Yard?

• I'm going to The Nest for pre-game action AND I'll see you in the ballpark!
    • I can't make it to The Nest, but I'll see you in the ballpark!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When is the next Hangout night? Dangit, I'm going to make that one next time...if I gotta go by myself!

I’ll try to make the next one as well if some OH from the Bethesda/Silver Spring/Rockville area want to car pool.

Hangout’s Saturday night at the Yard dates:

http://www.orioleshangout.com/article.asp?ID=1330

Apr 11 vs TB

May 30 vs Det

Jun 27 vs Was

Jul 11 vs Tor

Aug 15 vs LAA

Sep 5 vs Tex

Another fantastic Hangout Night, everyone! Seriously, these things are the greatest.

The Nest is an amazing set-up for us. Props for getting that set-up. I got to see my first in person grand slam tonight, so I'm still stoked.

Go O's!!!

Another fantastic Hangout Night, everyone! Seriously, these things are the greatest.

The Nest is an amazing set-up for us. Props for getting that set-up. I got to see my first in person grand slam tonight, so I'm still stoked.

Go O's!!!

Alot of people from OH represent tonight? I need to get my tail out to one of these things...

Go O's!!!

The wife and I enjoyed meeting a lot of OH gang and Yes, The Nest was a great place for a get together. Can't wait for the next one.

The wife and I enjoyed meeting a lot of OH gang and Yes' date=' The Nest was a great place for a get together. Can't wait for the next one.[/quote']

I don't know that I got to meet you tonight, but definitely next time!

Had a great time tonight (even if I am still shivering a bit!). Thanks again for setting these up! It's great watching the games with such knowledgeable fans.

I wouldn't go that far. I was sitting like, two seats away. ;)

Had a great time tonight! The Nest is awesome for us. I had the Pudge BLT, the thing had like a POUND of bacon on it! Great time at the park, our section really pumping up all the sections around us. Grand Slam and an O's win. It doesn't get any better. I'm now 2-0 on Hangout Nights. :D

I'm the glad the people who showed up had a great time, and I'm sorry a personal situation came up that forced me to leave before many of you showed up. However, it's terribly dissapointing to hear about how many people did not show up who said they were going to show up. The Nest went all out for us and I'm frustrated with the lack of people to show up to the event we put so much time and effort into advertising and setting up.

Honestly, I'm disappointed in the community and honestly, if this is the kind of turn out we can expect, this will be the last year for Hangout nights. We go out of our way to put these things together and we find a great place and about 35 people show up?

I know it was cold out there last night, but the season is young, Guthrie was on the mound, and it was our first Hangout night of the year.

Thanks to the people who came out and supported Hangout night. We're happy that we obviously have a good core group of people. We know who our true local Hangout community members are and we appreciate your support.

Sounds like there was a decent crowd there...

There was, but there was also room for plenty more. ;)

The set-up really was fabulous. The staff was also very friendly and really appreciated the partnership. Also, the bartender poors a perfect glass of Guinness. Needless to say The Nest won over a faithful customer anytime i'm downtown before a game.

BTW, our good friend Nestor was there and talking to a lot of us for a while. That was quite interesting... Believe it or not he was actually a pretty nice guy. As Silent James pointed out to me last night, i'm probably the only one here who has ever said that, but oh well. To each his own... It doesn't mean I agree with him.

EDIT: To be clear, Nestor was at The Nest hanging out with us, but he went to the Blast game not the O's game--for reasons we all know, but don't quite understand. ;)

Archived