Hangout Night Pregame at "The Nest"

Tony-OH

What's your plan for Saturday's Hangout Night at the Yard?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What's your plan for Saturday's Hangout Night at the Yard?

• I'm going to The Nest for pre-game action AND I'll see you in the ballpark!
    • I can't make it to The Nest, but I'll see you in the ballpark!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any idea how long you all are going to be at the Nest for?

I'm getting out of work at 5:30, should be downtown by 6. Just wondering if I should meet everyone at the Nest, or just head directly to OPACY.

Any idea how long you all are going to be at the Nest for?

I'm getting out of work at 5:30, should be downtown by 6. Just wondering if I should meet everyone at the Nest, or just head directly to OPACY.

We're normally at the pregame spot until about 6:40-6:45 ish.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• His power is the real thing, even though it may be marginalized by OPACY to some degree.  I am loving the gap and off-field power to date. Westburg's success is part of the reason I really want Norby to get a shot. Norby in 167 AAA games: .296/.363/.504/.867 over ages 22-24 Westburg in 158 AAA games: .283/.366/.533/.899 over ages 23-24 I'm aware Westburg is (especially with information we have now) the better defensive prospect, which makes a lot of difference, but with the organization short on RHBs who can actually hit, Norby would more likely than not be a nice role player/4th OF/emergency IF/PH at a min. His L/R splits are not much different over the last 3 years, which I would take as a good thing.  He can relieve LHB of big platoon disadvantages and stay in the game with minimal matchup risk if that holds at the MLB level.
    • Exactly. And by comparison Gunnar Henderson had 65 games in AAA before getting the call. And once he was up in September 2022, he was doing pretty good batting in the middle of the order and helping the team win 83 games. Anyone saying Jackson Holliday is like Gunnar Henderson is making a mistake.
    • I just don't get the notion that he can't learn anything in AAA, as if he's graduated after dominating for 10 games this year (and not really more than much of the rest of the team at the time), and having a solid 18 AAA games last year. He's had barely more than a month in AAA. I do think he would eventually right the ship here in MLB, but he can also make the needed adjustments in AAA without hurting the big league team, and get the O's that extra year of control. His odds of winning ROY have gotten a lot lower so I don't think that is much of a factor anymore either.
    • Folks on here are manic. Those greenies the clubbie is handing out: not worth  it. The dude has been up less than two weeks. 
    • I agree 100%.    Now let’s see how Elias handles the Holliday situation.   It probably involves a lot of patience but we’ll see how much the kid tests it.
    • Well, I for one am very happy that we have Burnes.  And I'm glad Elias runs this organization and not the consensus of this board.
  • Popular Contributors