Os vs KC in WC round

Sports Guy

21 minutes ago, Malike said:

I hope they win, the days of living and dying with sports are long gone for me, though, so I won't lose sleep either way or be biting my nails like I would have a decade ago. I believe they have the talent to win the series, have to go out and do it now.

Kinda where I'm at but not sure if that's a real feeling or just a defense mechanism from about 35 years of being a sports fan and my team never winning anything.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

How are you guys feeling about this series?

I think KC is a tough matchup but Iโ€™m pretty calm and have a lot of confidence in winning. ย I admit that if we lose today, that confidence will be very low though.

Good because I think they will win.ย 

Uneasy because if they don't win, the season falls short of expectations, period. Win here, and lose against NYY or later in the postseason after putting up a good fight... that'll be disappointing, but far better than if they don't get through this series.ย 

3 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Kinda where I'm at but not sure if that's a real feeling or just a defense mechanism from about 35 years of being a sports fan and my team never winning anything.

It's about where I'm at, too.ย  Football team hasn't won anything significant since 1991, I was 2 when the Orioles won the World Series.ย  I'm used to disappointment at best, irrelevance at worst.

I say this now, but I'm sure that changes if we advance to play the Yankees.

15 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It's about where I'm at, too.ย  Football team hasn't won anything significant since 1991, I was 2 when the Orioles won the World Series.ย  I'm used to disappointment at best, irrelevance at worst.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/31466874_473824793057523_7615968577727758336_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0b6b33&_nc_ohc=1NNCD4WO5lcQ7kNvgHQ3rj4&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AYDZVQFk5CVpxy2nOlOXGS_mBtCAYslOJbKc-RieAKb_dQ&oe=6723D5B4

• Haha 1

The growth I want to see is them playing well on this stage, even if something crappy happens in the 3rd game.

If the Mets with $175M coming off the books win their Soto, I think this team is the AL favorite for a bunch of years.

Soto-boosted Yankees all decade would be a higher mountain to climb, but more glorious.ย  ย  Without him....Judge and Cole...win your wins now.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I think KC is a tough matchup but Iโ€™m pretty calm and have a lot of confidence in winning. ย I admit that if we lose today, that confidence will be very low though.

I was on the record saying I wanted to face KC over the Tigers, but mainly because I don't like the pitching matchups from the Tigers (Skubal, opener+bulk arms owning us).

That said: the Royals bullpen is sneaky good compared to their season stats. They have impact arms in Bubic and Erceg, and they have a few solid other arms as well. I'd give the edge to their bullpen. I also think their defense is better than the O's. Rotation wise, I think you give them the edge if you put Ragans/Lugo/Wacha up against Burnes/Eflin/Kremer, but Burnes and Eflin are just as good as Ragans/Lugo, all things considered. I think they matchup well rotation wise.

On the offensive front, I give the nod to the O's. They have a more well-balanced lineup with solid options off the bench. And while I do think the Royals are more explosive on the basepaths (Witt, Garcia, Blanco haven early 100 SBs), I think the O's are just a better offensive club overall.

Honestly, this is a coin flip series. Defense, slight bullpen nod, and about even on starters for this series (slight nod to the Royals), and better threats on the bases vs. mediocre bullpen, very good 1-2 starters, and a better well balanced lineup with aggressive baserunning and a better bench.

After the lackluster appearance against the Rangers, I've kept my expectations in check. But on the plus side, there shouldn't be a lull as there's only been a day of rest vs. nearly an entire week.ย 

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

No nerves. With MLB playoffs, the better team loses a lot, so not getting overly confident.

Also, do not PM me if you're looking to be a pirate! I don't know any good sites for that sort of thing because I am a law abiding citizen. Ok?!

36 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I hear that the Ravens are accepting new fans.

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Honestly think facing them is the best case scenario

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I would have never thought that in a period of time less than 365 days, both the Redskins and Orioles would have new owners. ย 

And also during that same period of time, Vince McMahon was ousted from running WWE. ย 

2023-2024 was a wild time. ย 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThomasTomasz said:

I would have never thought that in a period of time less than 365 days, both the Redskins and Orioles would have new owners. ย 

And also during that same period of time, Vince McMahon was ousted from running WWE. ย 

2023-2024 was a wild time. ย 

Thatโ€™s right. And both suddenly have bright futures.ย