Report: Braves interested in Luke Scott... and Felix Pie?

My O's Face

He is also killed by his home parks.

Look, you are just wrong here...Beltre has clearly been the better player in their careers.

Crede has a career WARP3 of 8.3!! Beltre's is over 44...Now, WARP3 is a counting stat and Beltre has many more at bats but that is also because he has been healthier and a better player...Also, Beltre is a year younger!

In fact, a few weeks ago you said you knew that Beltre was the better player but wasn't sure he would be worth the larger contract.

Now, to me, that is the real discussion...Is Beltre going to be worth more years and a lot more money than Crede? Well, that depends on what the contracts look like and how these guys end the year.

But any discussion about who is better is pretty lopsided..Beltre wins easily.

Put Beltre in Camden Yards and away from Safeco and Dodger Stadium an he starts to hit more HRs. Left and left center at OPACY well suited to him. His defense together wth Izturis would make a terrific left side of the infield. Also, just like the Izturis signing this year upgraded the position in part because the bar was so low, Beltre does the same with Melvin on offense - .260 25HR, 80 rbi and great defense would be all that was needed.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We'd be +1 pick.

We'll lose our 2nd rounder if we sign a Type A FA, unless we are one of the best 15 teams. We'd get a sandwich and either a first or second for losing Aubrey depending on the record of the team he signs with.

I have very little concern over him accepting arbitration, and even if he does its not like that would be a big problem. We could probably just trade him if we still have Scott and Snyder forces the issue onto the big league club the way Reimold did this year.

Exactly, as I've said many times, I'm not worried about Huff accepting arbitration, and that's not because I don't think the possibility exists, it's because it's not really a negative to have him for another year. He could possibly replace Mora at third depending on what AM wants to do and the development of Snyder.

In a way, that's a good thing...Will really keep his price tag down.

He is getting killed by Safeco...They said last night that he has the second worst BA at home in baseball.

I would have to look it up, but I don't think Safeco suppresses BA, other than keeping a few hr's in the yard.

That said, if he steps it up this year, I would be interested in him.

I also like Crede.

I don't see the point of trading Scott AND Pie to the Braves. One of the best arguments to trade Scott (assuming we get a good return) is that it creates some playing time for Pie.

I'd hold out for Scott for Freeman. Scott is a cheap, proven productive hitter who can help the Braves win right now. If we have to take a bad contract off the Braves' hands to make this happen, that's fine.

After reading the original blurb, though, I'm nervous that the O's will dump Pie for very little.

With Reimolds defensive stuggles lately, I doubt either of them are as available as they may have been 2 weeks ago. AM said Pie's defensive issues took playing time away from Pie. So Reimold's play lately probably isn't being overlooked.

With Reimolds defensive stuggles lately, I doubt either of them are as available as they may have been 2 weeks ago. AM said Pie's defensive issues took playing time away from Pie. So Reimold's play lately probably isn't being overlooked.

I would have to think it was the combination of Pie's defense and hitting or lack thereof that lost him playing time. Reimold just seems liek he has a plan at the plate, whereas Pie really didn't, at least all the time. I think Reimold's defense will be tolerated a little more than Pie's was.

Meh...it's just Nolan being Nolan out there in left field! :D

I wouldn't think that would be a huge consideration in dealing Scott and/or Pie.

How's Hicks looked thus far this season? Are the K's down some? Provided we don't draft Green, I'd love to get him back in a deal with the Braves.

Hicks isn't anybody I'd want back. Right now he has a .218 BA and a .608 OPS in AA at 23 years old.

Justin Turner is a better prospect IMO.

It's best to go after Freeman.

The only guys I would want out of the Braves system is either Hanson, Heyward, or Freeman. Hanson and Heyward are pretty much off limits unless the O's want to throw in a Tillman or Arrieta in the mix. I believe Freeman can be had for Scott and Pie no doubt. But the Orioles would need to get back more. Hicks is overrated in my opinion, Morton is garbage, JoJo Reyes is nothing more than AAA pitcher. Honestly having followed the Braves my entire lifetime I can tell you that their farm system has always been a little bit overrated. The Braves are desperate for OF help right now. Schafer got sent down, Anderson is on the tail end of his career, and Francoeur is a terrible, I repeat, terrible hitter. His defense is good and his arm is great but his bat is so bad and I think he would benefit greatly by getting out of Atlanta. He needs a change of scenery. So how about his deal: Freeman and Francoeur plus a low level middle infielder for Scott and Pie?

So how about his deal: Freeman and Francoeur plus a low level middle infielder for Scott and Pie?

Don't know if I could do that. I wouldn't trade Scott for Freeman straight up, and I wouldn't trade Pie for Franny straight up. So I think I'd have to pass on that.

Archived