Schmuck Chimes in on O's Offseason

Hank Scorpio

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Decent article, no real news or tidbits to get worked up about.

Man, watching Adrian Beltre at third base would be the biggest test to my Orioles fanhood yet. I don't think anything in the past 12 years could top that. I simply cannot stand that guy.

That's a profound statement.

I think the first thought that came to mind was "that is 2 minutes of my life that I will never get back again!" Second thought is oh **** now the board will explode as to this is the very reason we should have signed Tex last year because nothing is available this year. But maybe I could be wrong.:rolleyes:

Basically fluff and filler...a whole lot of what everyone already knows.

Even the good stuff he has to offer comes mostly from his comrades at the Sun. If there were no blogs from Roch, Melewski, and Fordin, Schmuck may be worth the read, but now he is more of a temperature gauge on the sentiments of the fairly well-informed.

When I was a less-informed fan, I really enjoyed reading his stuff. Not so much anymore. And his Fact/My Take columns do nothing for me except remind me of the far more insightful and wittier columns by Eisenburg.

Decent article, no real news or tidbits to get worked up about.

Man, watching Adrian Beltre at third base would be the biggest test to my Orioles fanhood yet. I don't think anything in the past 12 years could top that. I simply cannot stand that guy.

I love Beltre!

Hahaha old Schmucker sounds pretty skeptical, huh?

It's the safe route. You've got to admit MacPhail is going to have to work some magic to get an impact bat via trade without trading any of the core players.

I don't think he can do it, as that kind of thinking simply isn't realistic. It's a lot harder to deal for star player than to try to trade a star player. He's going to have to give up some pieces that he probably would rather keep to get the kind of talent that we need via trade.

MacPhail is either going to have to spend some major cash or trade off some of our young talent. Otherwise we are just going to keep on treading water.

It's the safe route. You've got to admit MacPhail is going to have to work some magic to get an impact bat without trading any of the core players.

I don't think he can do it, as that kind of thinking simply isn't realistic. It's a lot harder to deal for star player than to try to trade a star player. He's going to have to give up some pieces that he probably would rather keep to get the kind of talent that we need.

This whole post is 100% spot on Jtrea...It just isn't realistic to think they can get a big bat without trading anyone of significance.

I mean, in the past you have had the chance to obtain some expensive contracts as dumps...That doesn't really seem to be the case this year, at least in positions of need.

BTW, I hate the idea of them ruling out Reimold to DH...If you have Pie and with what he showed last year, Pie has to start a lot.

The idea of no in terms of moving Reimold is so short sighted.

It's the safe route. You've got to admit MacPhail is going to have to work some magic to get an impact bat via trade without trading any of the core players.

I don't think he can do it, as that kind of thinking simply isn't realistic. It's a lot harder to deal for star player than to try to trade a star player. He's going to have to give up some pieces that he probably would rather keep to get the kind of talent that we need via trade.

MacPhail is either going to have to spend some major cash or trade off some of our young talent. Otherwise we are just going to keep on treading water.

Well said dude, well said.

I think some of you are being too hard on Schmuck here. Is he is as good as Roch or Melewski? I would say no. That said, there are some people who still go the Sun as their primary source of Baltimore sports info, and for them, this is a good summation of what has been said and what we can expect.

Over here on the OH, we've devoured all this info before, so its not profound to us. Not profound, but not TERRRRIBLE, in my opinion.

Archived