O's offer Tejada to Angels for 3 prospects

Bigbie03

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This jewel of a trade :rolleyes: is from MLBtraderumors.com... not a chance in hell.

//////////////////////////

Carroll On Tejada-Astros Discussions

Baseball Prospectus author Will Carroll has opened up Will's Mill for the weekend, and he'll be burning up the phone lines fishing for all sorts of good trade rumors.

Today he mentions an offer Tim Purpura has given to the Orioles for Miguel Tejada: Adam Everett, Morgan Ensberg, and Fernando Nieve. According to Carroll, Tim Purpura is focused on Tejada and is being urged by Roger Clemens to go get him.

In Everett, the Orioles would be acquiring the game's best defensive shortstop. His hitting, at .241/.300/.327 this year, lags far behind the average AL shortstop. The average AL shortstop is hitting .286/.342/.423, similar to the work of Eric Chavez or A.J. Pierzysnki this year.

On the 10th of June, Ensberg bruised his shoulder diving for a foul ball. He was hitting .256/.380/.562 at that point, though he hadn't done much in May or June. In Ensberg's 18 games after the shoulder bruise, he hit just .158/.422/.263. He drew plenty of walks but the power that resulted in 36 HR last year had vanished. Ensberg took live batting practice yesterday for the first time since being placed on the DL on July 10th.

Nieve, 24, has a mid-90s fastball and a hard slider. He was just sent down to Triple A a week ago because of Brandon Backe, but had been demoted to the bullpen upon Roger Clemens's return in late June. It's just a 15 inning sample, but Nieve did pretty well as a reliever: 8.2 K/9, 2.94 ERA, 1.17 WHIP. As a starter he had a 5.6 K/9, 4.67 ERA, and 1.28 WHIP. It is a fact that many pitchers add several miles per hour to their fastball by switching to relief, and Nieve's two plus pitches make it easy to envision him as a future closer or top set-up man.

/////////////////////////////

One word... no. :D

This jewel of a trade :rolleyes: is from MLBtraderumors.com... not a chance in hell.

//////////////////////////

Carroll On Tejada-Astros Discussions

Baseball Prospectus author Will Carroll has opened up Will's Mill for the weekend, and he'll be burning up the phone lines fishing for all sorts of good trade rumors.

Today he mentions an offer Tim Purpura has given to the Orioles for Miguel Tejada: Adam Everett, Morgan Ensberg, and Fernando Nieve. According to Carroll, Tim Purpura is focused on Tejada and is being urged by Roger Clemens to go get him.

In Everett, the Orioles would be acquiring the game's best defensive shortstop. His hitting, at .241/.300/.327 this year, lags far behind the average AL shortstop. The average AL shortstop is hitting .286/.342/.423, similar to the work of Eric Chavez or A.J. Pierzysnki this year.

On the 10th of June, Ensberg bruised his shoulder diving for a foul ball. He was hitting .256/.380/.562 at that point, though he hadn't done much in May or June. In Ensberg's 18 games after the shoulder bruise, he hit just .158/.422/.263. He drew plenty of walks but the power that resulted in 36 HR last year had vanished. Ensberg took live batting practice yesterday for the first time since being placed on the DL on July 10th.

Nieve, 24, has a mid-90s fastball and a hard slider. He was just sent down to Triple A a week ago because of Brandon Backe, but had been demoted to the bullpen upon Roger Clemens's return in late June. It's just a 15 inning sample, but Nieve did pretty well as a reliever: 8.2 K/9, 2.94 ERA, 1.17 WHIP. As a starter he had a 5.6 K/9, 4.67 ERA, and 1.28 WHIP. It is a fact that many pitchers add several miles per hour to their fastball by switching to relief, and Nieve's two plus pitches make it easy to envision him as a future closer or top set-up man.

/////////////////////////////

One word... no. :D

Wow. I'll vomit if that goes down. Doubt it will though, if there is any truth to the asking price the Angels have been given.

Saunders yes

Aybar-second line prospect, not that much power, fair OBP. Not a great base stealer-steals a lot but gets thrown out tons, doesn't interest me.Forget it.

Brandon Wood fans 40% of his at-bats and misses as many balls as he catches. And ML pitchers won't give him those nice fastballs to hit home runs off of like they do in double-A, either.I'll take him if he can maybe develop into an outfielder (if he fails at short) but forget the previous guy. They're going to have to part with Kendrick or somebody tops before I'd make the trade.

These are the three guys I like the most, believe it or not.

Saunders is relatively young, pretty good and a lefty.

Aybar does get thrown out a lot stealing and Wood does fan a lot but other stats related to their CS and K is that Aybar does steal a lot and Wood walks a lot and homers a lot, meaning they both have the talent to work around their faults, especially given their youth (Aybar 22, Wood 21).

Aybar has good speed so let B-Rob teach him how to read pitchers to steal more without getting caught and leave Wood alone. Someone likened Wood's stat line to Adam Dunn and that's a good assessment. Imagine a 21 year old Adam Dunn playing shortstop.

This is from late last year, but the more I read about Wood, the more I like him: MiLB article

These are the three guys I like the most, believe it or not.

Saunders is relatively young, pretty good and a lefty.

Aybar does get thrown out a lot stealing and Wood does fan a lot but other stats related to their CS and K is that Aybar does steal a lot and Wood walks a lot and homers a lot, meaning they both have the talent to work around their faults, especially given their youth (Aybar 22, Wood 21).

Aybar has good speed so let B-Rob teach him how to read pitchers to steal more without getting caught and leave Wood alone. Someone likened Wood's stat line to Adam Dunn and that's a good assessment. Imagine a 21 year old Adam Dunn playing shortstop.

This is from late last year, but the more I read about Wood, the more I like him: MiLB article

I wouldn't mind Wood in a deal, but I WANT Howie Kendrick. He's the key for me. He's the kind of player we should be looking at landing.

About the 'Stros post above us... That's just insane. I mean c'mon, a poor hitting SS, an injured third baseman (We do have Mora for three more years you know...) and an okay pitching prospect. Pass.

According to Kenny Rosenthal, the Angels have officially offered P Evrin Santana and SS Eric Aybar for Tejada.

The Astros, Dodgers, and Tigers are among the interested parties.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5825796

I'd have to think this is EXTREMELY close to what the Orioles would want in a trade. I wouldn't be shocked to see a second Oriole (Rodrigo Lopez and Jeff Conine or a prospect come to mind) thrown into this deal in order to sweeten the return.

According to Kenny Rosenthal, the Angels have officially offered P Evrin Santana and SS Eric Aybar for Tejada.

Now if they would offer Kotchman and Mathis and we would send them somebody like Conine and somebody like Johnson/Finch, we might have a deal...

I'd have to think this is EXTREMELY close to what the Orioles would want in a trade. I wouldn't be shocked to see a second Oriole (Rodrigo Lopez and Jeff Conine or a prospect come to mind) thrown into this deal in order to sweeten the return.

Wow! I'm surprised they're apparently offering Santana. If that's the case, I'd try to get them to throw in another solid prospect like Mathis to close the deal. But I'd be tempted to do that trade as is, it's a very solid offer.

As TyCobb just mentioned, maybe they'd want Benson to replace Santana. If so, maybe a trade of Miggy and Benson for Santana, Aybar, Mathis, and Kotchman would work.

Wow! I'm surprised they're apparently offering Santana. If that's the case, I'd try to get them to throw in another solid prospect like Mathis to close the deal. But I'd be tempted to do that trade as is, it's a very solid offer.

As TyCobb just mentioned, maybe they'd want Benson to replace Santana. If so, maybe a trade of Miggy and Benson for Santana, Aybar, Mathis, and Kotchman would work.

Well well well, looks like a certain someone (me) has to eat his words re: Santana! I am very surprised they offered him. I wouldn't do so if I were Stoneman.

EDIT:

Tejada, Conine

for

Santana, Aybar, Kotchman

Archived