Beer in the clubhouse

connja

So news is that Bobby V. is banning beer in the Red Sox clubhouse. Seems like a no brainer following the way they finished the seaon and the reports that their guys were drinking in the clubhouse while the game was going on. In fact, seems sup rising this was ever allowed really...not many people get to drink while working.

But anyway to bring it back to topic of O's, had me wondering if the O's allowed driki\ng in the clubhouse. Maybe this would explain their play the last 14 years.:rofl:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a stupid rule. A couple beers in the clubhouse aren't why the Red Sox collapsed last year. Several pitchers ending up out-of-shape may have had an effect, but it takes more than some beer and chicken to do that to a professional athlete, and the training staff should have seen that as an issue and done something about it.

So, I don't care what the Orioles' rule is. It doesn't effect anything.

I'm not sure you need a full time ban, but at least until the game is over. Absolutely crazy to think guys are sitting in the clubhouse drinking beers while the game is going on.....in the midst of a playoff run, no less. I'd like to see everyone in the dugout, unless they had a pretty good reason to be in the clubhouse.

I'm not sure you need a full time ban, but at least until the game is over. Absolutely crazy to think guys are sitting in the clubhouse drinking beers while the game is going on.....in the midst of a playoff run, no less. I'd like to see everyone in the dugout, unless they had a pretty good reason to be in the clubhouse.

Why would you want them drinking when the game is over? That's just when they're going to get on the roads with the rest of us.

It's funny because whenever players describe the good old days, they talk about how after a game everyone would sit around in the locker room with a cold beer and shoot the breeze or talk about the game. Beer in these stories stands in as a symbol for camaraderie and socialization. I think beer in the clubhouse is fine.

It's a stupid rule. A couple beers in the clubhouse aren't why the Red Sox collapsed last year. Several pitchers ending up out-of-shape may have had an effect, but it takes more than some beer and chicken to do that to a professional athlete, and the training staff should have seen that as an issue and done something about it.

So, I don't care what the Orioles' rule is. It doesn't effect anything.

It's a rule that didn't need to be stated and should have been understood. Call me old-fashioned, but not drinking in the club house is just plain common sense, and anyone who does it is being unprofessional.

It's a rule that didn't need to be stated and should have been understood. Call me old-fashioned, but not drinking in the club house is just plain common sense, and anyone who does it is being unprofessional.

Ok, you're old fashioned.

Actually, I wouldn't call you that. Old fashioned would be like Mickey Mantle having a few after hitting two homers.

Archived