Luke back in the news

ADZ23

Tampa Bay Rays designated hitter Luke Scott told MLB.com he thinks Fenway is "a dump" as the Boston Red Sox prepare to kick off their 100th season in the ballpark.

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7809515/fenway-park-dump

Man I miss Luke. He's telling it like it is. He is gonna get boo'd something fierce there. I hope he puts one out of the Pahk. And it hits Pedroia's cahr.

I rooted for Luke when he was on the Orioles and I can always appreciate someone taking a shot at the Sox but... he's obnoxious and should probably keep his mouth shut. That said, I hope he crushes the Sox in their dump of a park.

He was specifically talking about it from the view of a visiting player, not a fan.

True, but you know how well the media handles nuance. And so does Luke. So you wind up with the headline ESPN used.

Anyone else open the thread and thought this was going to be about the George Zimmerman arrest?

No, but now that you mention it, it would not have been a total shock if it was about the arrest. Back to the Fenway park issue, I think he makes some good points. I"ve seen similar comments from players about the old Tiger Stadium and even the revered Wrigley Field. A modern player is used to an indoor batting cage and a visitor's weight room. Also, I went to a game at Fenway in the late 90's. While it was a nice experience, but the stadium was kind of a dump. The concourse was real tight, and the place smelled of stale beer among other things. However, the field was immaculate and we sat in $ 9.00 seats which were about 30 rows behind first base.

What he said about the fans is so true. Last game I went to when the saux were here their fans would not shut up for the entire game. Even when nothing was going on they would not shut up.

I hope Luke gets booed like crazy and puts one over the monsta.

What he said about the fans is so true. Last game I went to when the saux were here their fans would not shut up for the entire game. Even when nothing was going on they would not shut up.

I hope Luke gets booed like crazy and puts one over the monsta.

I'd rather have him plug the guy sitting in Ted Williams' seat. I love Teddy Ballgame, but I'd love to piss off Sox fans for life by having Luke shatter Teddy's shot.

PS... never gonna happen. That was a homerun only Paul Bunyan could beat.

No, but now that you mention it, it would not have been a total shock if it was about the arrest. Back to the Fenway park issue, I think he makes some good points. I"ve seen similar comments from players about the old Tiger Stadium and even the revered Wrigley Field. A modern player is used to an indoor batting cage and a visitor's weight room. Also, I went to a game at Fenway in the late 90's. While it was a nice experience, but the stadium was kind of a dump. The concourse was real tight, and the place smelled of stale beer among other things. However, the field was immaculate and we sat in $ 9.00 seats which were about 30 rows behind first base.

I know Cubs fans who will say without flinching that Wrigley is a hole. But I still want to go see a game there.

Fenway is a dump. Luke was just being honest.

If New Englanders are unhappy . . . . . . . . . . oh well. They all think their stuff is better than everybody elses and that their SH** doesn't stink. They are as bad as New Yorkers - just as obnoxious.

Like it was said on "The Herd" if New Englanders were half as cool as they thought they were they would be like 4 times cooler than everybody else.

Fenway is kinda neat to visit but it is way overrated.

Fenway is a dump. Luke was just being honest.

If New Englanders are unhappy . . . . . . . . . . oh well. They all think their stuff is better than everybody elses and that their SH** doesn't stink. They are as bad as New Yorkers - just as obnoxious.

Like it was said on "The Herd" if New Englanders were half as cool as they thought they were they would be like 4 times cooler than everybody else.

Fenway is kinda neat to visit but it is way overrated.

So, that makes them 1/8 as cool as they think they are. Ah, that Colin Cowherd wit.

Archived