Guthrie available as a salary dump (Guthrie traded to KC)

wildcard

Probably just someone to eat some innings and potentially trade at the deadline if he pitches well for a few weeks.

The deadline is in 11 days... they'll probably only get about two starts out of him if they plan on trading him again. I have a feeling he'll finish the season in KC.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I liked Guthrie... But I'm also glad he's not coming back to B-more. The O's, if they are going to make a move, need to do better than what Guthrie has to offer.

I agree with this. I liked him a lot, and he was definitely a class act and someone easy to root for...but I definitely think he's on the downside of his career and we need to do better.

Hope he does well in KC.

2007: era was 3.70, FIP was 4.41

That is the lowest FIP for his career.

HR/FB career avg is 10.8%

K/9 for career is 5.44

10.2 WAR player for his entire career.

And yet, you continue to tell me that he was once an above average player. You sir, are a moron. Have a good day!

K/9 for career is 5.44

And yet, you continue to tell me that he was once an above average player. You sir, are a moron. Have a good day!

Dude, don't be a jerk.

Sent from my PantechP8000 using Tapatalk 2

K/9 for career is 5.44

Fair warning - you are not going to last long here with an attitude like that.

The Royals are 13 games under .500. This will cost them about $1 mm in additional salary. It definitely is an upgrade for them, but it doesn't serve much strategic purpose that I can see.

Yeah, I'm not sure I get it. Maybe they just needed a starter to eat some innings and save the BP.

The Royals are 13 games under .500. This will cost them about $1 mm in additional salary. It definitely is an upgrade for them, but it doesn't serve much strategic purpose that I can see.

Maybe he can have a couple of good starts and be flipped for something. Maybe they just need someone to eat innings for the rest of the year. Who knows?

Fair warning - you are not going to last long here with an attitude like that.

Just because I am knowledgable doesn't give you the right to lash out at me. It's annoying listening to people who like the old losing

ways. Guthrie has never been a good pitcher. Why are so many people still enamored with him?

Just because I am knowledgable doesn't give you the right to lash out at me. It's annoying listening to people who like the old losing

ways. Guthrie has never been a good pitcher. Why are so many people still enamored with him?

Most people understand the issues with DIPS theory and understand that Guthrie was able to outpitch his peripherals for several years. Why don't you chill out.

Archived