Markakis: Wrist affecting power?

Grt 2BA FL Gator

We were having a discussion about his declining power. I suggested a possibility that it could be from lack of PED's. I don't see what the big deal is.

The reason it's ridiculous to say Davis did steroids, is because of his build and his past power. The man is so huge and strong, he doesn't need PED's, unless he got that way by using PED's, which I don't believe. He also always had incredible power.

Use your eyes, they can tell you alot.

I don't want this to degenerate into a PED discussion, but give me a break. You can not tell who takes PED's by looking at them. Mark McGwire was huge and was always huge. Bean pole minor league middle infielders have tested positive and been suspended.

I think it was just as wrong for you to link Markakis and PED use as it is for others to attempt to link Davis and PED use. I'm not saying you're a bad person or anything. Just wanted to point out the hypocrisy of making those comments about Markakis yet thinking it is unfair for others to make similar connections about Davis because it is hypocritical.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't want this to degenerate into a PED discussion, but give me a break. You can not tell who takes PED's by looking at them. Mark McGwire was huge and was always huge. Bean pole minor league middle infielders have tested positive and been suspended.

I think it was just as wrong for you to link Markakis and PED use as it is for others to attempt to link Davis and PED use. I'm not saying you're a bad person or anything. Just wanted to point out the hypocrisy of making those comments about Markakis yet thinking it is unfair for others to make similar connections about Davis because it is hypocritical.

When did I say it's unfair to think Davis did PED's? Please find the post and I'll give you 50 dollars. I never said that, don't know why you are accusing me of being a hypocrite.

I don't care what you say about Davis. Maybe he is a roider like McGuire. It wouldn't surprise me either. I am just going with my gut feeling on Davis and Markakis.

The "when is the last time Nick cranked one?".

.is among the game thread junkies, my

calling card which I began writing about 6 weeks ago and wont stop till he actually

"cranks" one. I have a feeling I'll be writing it for a long time.

Well you won't have to worry about that because he is Juan Pierre just without all the speed and stolen bases. Like I said there's a reason Markakis and Roberts can't play on winning teams. They take up way too much of a mid markets team budget and give little to nothing in return.

Look, Billy is certainly nobody to criticize another human being's physical appearance given my ample midriff, but I'm beginning to think that Nick's hitting deficiencies may be due to PGS (Premature Grandpa Syndrome). I noticed this physical anomaly in it's early stages last year and this year it seems to have progressed. Of course I'm talking about the hunchback he has developed. Or am I just seeing things?

Look, Billy is certainly nobody to criticize another human being's physical appearance given my ample midriff, but I'm beginning to think that Nick's hitting deficiencies may be due to PGS (Premature Grandpa Syndrome). I noticed this physical anomaly in it's early stages last year and this year it seems to have progressed. Of course I'm talking about the hunchback he has developed. Or am I just seeing things?

You are just seeing things. The guy is a professional athlete, so tired of everyone ripping him because he is having a down year.

Did anyone notice Nick in yesterday's game? His stance was noticably more upright and he wasn't choking up at all. Honestly, it got my attention and I began to watch Nick's at bats a little closer yesterday. I think he looks much stronger and more intimidating at the plate when he's not all hunched over and choking up 6 inches. I'm hoping he sticks with it and sees some positive results.

I have noticed that hump on his back for a couple of years now. At least since early last year. Wonder what's up with that. Yes he looks trim, really really trim. I thought he looked fairly built at the beginning of last year, like he had been working out with Brady or something. Now he just looks thin.

I'm not a Markakis hater, he can still be useful as a slap hitter and on-base guy, but he really does seem to be sapped of all power. He really got a hold of one yesterday and it ended up being a sac fly to mid-center, it wasn't even that deep. When it came off the bat I thought it might be gone but it wasn't even close.

Archived