Why did Buck give that game away?

MrOrange82

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not too angry anymore but how is it a great moment if Jeter's getting the game winning hit against a guy who probably won't even be on a ML roster next year? If Jeter gets that hit against say Britton in a hard fought battle, fine but it seems to me that Buck played his B) bullpen and the moment for Jeter to be the hero was served up to him on a platter.

That's a very good point. I hadn't quite thought of it that way. Although, I'm just a little happy that there is a good chance that tomorrow's sports talk radio conversations about baseball will only be 50% negative and condescending instead of 90% negative and condescending. :)

Bottom line is I hate the entire Yankee majestic dynastic complex garbage, whatever, call me irrationally emotional, I can judge my players using spreadsheets but I also watch the games and this annoys the crap out of me.

Well, the good news is that the last guy that was part of that just played his last game ever against the O's. In theory, the "Yankee Magic" that dominated the O's should be over. Unless you include Tex or A-rod or whoever in that. The 90s guys are now gone. The kryptonite has left the Bronx. If the O's can't start anew now, it's their own fault (and largely always has been anyway).

Its not like Evan Meek will ever be a part of a greater moment than this either. Kind of like Shawn Boskie. Ahhh...what the hell, right?!

This reminds me of a few years back when every pitcher (well a lot of them) actually wanted to be the one to give up Barry Bond's record-breaking HR. If you are not that good, it's certainly one way to write your name in the history books.

This thread is a joke. We likely weren't getting the one seed and Jeter has a 610 OPS. Despise the Yankees, but Jeter isn't ARod - he's by all accounts a good guy, and honestly was a great moment to watch, even as an Orioles fan / Yankees hater. Any of you who can't appreciate that really need to get a grip.

At least tomorrow when I listen to sports radio, I will hear about baseball and not have to listen to more endless analysis of Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, Roger Goddell, or any other football related crap that has nothing to do with actual on the field sports action.

This thread is a joke. We likely weren't getting the one seed and Jeter has a 610 OPS. Despise the Yankees, but Jeter isn't ARod - he's by all accounts a good guy, and honestly was a great moment to watch, even as an Orioles fan / Yankees hater. Any of you who can't appreciate that really need to get a grip.

It's bittersweet, get a grip.

Not only would walking Jeter have been a horrible tactical decision, it would have assured the Orioles a place in baseball infamy.

Well that single did that either way.

No idea who you people are who enjoyed this but you aren't Orioles fans.

Yeah, they needed rest for our playoff game NEXT THURSDAY. :rolleyes:

I'm not rolling my eyes at you. I'm rolling my eyes at the debacle I watched tonight. Totally deflating. Hopefully this passes before the ALDS starts. Nothing burns me more than throwing away games, and to throw away a game purposefully against JETER and the YANKEES burns me 100x more.

Does anyone on earth think Girardi would have managed it like Showalter if the roles were reversed?[/QUOTE]

No because Giradri doesn't have the class that Buck Showalter does.

Archived