Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

Sounds like Pete is breaking out the Vaseline.

DD and Toronto may have underestimated just how stubborn he can be. I can see him paying DD to clean the bathrooms just to make a point until he feels he is compensated commensurate to what he feels he is losing.

Flanagan and Frank Robinson both did.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even if this is all just hearsay, you don't think this will cause any confrontation at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, the only confrontation is going to be between posters on the OH. The Blue Jays would have had to have asked permission to talk to Duke if they want to offer him a job. Everyone in the organization that matters already knew if there was interest before someone tweeted it. I think the whole thing is hilarious. Duke is going to sabotage the team so handcuff him at the meetings, really? Lol.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Orioles managing partner Peter Angelos said he doesn't want or expect Dan Duquette to leave for Toronto. He's under contract thru 2018</p>? Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="
">December 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good. Now young Duquette, you will feel my power.

Sounds like Pete is breaking out the Vaseline.

DD and Toronto may have underestimated just how stubborn he can be. I can see him paying DD to clean the bathrooms just to make a point until he feels he is compensated commensurate to what he feels he is losing.

Yes, ask a certain ML Commissioner and ownership group in our nation's capital about that stubborn streak.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Angelos on Buck/Duq: "Why would we want to break up that combination that we have? ... Something we're very pleased with, to put it mildly"</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Angelos: "He has a commitment for 4 more years and he has done quite a job for us. We are very pleased w his performance."</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

This gonna get messy.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Angelos on Duquette: "We not only want him to (honor his contact), but we expect him to. We don’t want him to go away ... (more)</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>"..And we don’t expect him to go away. And he’s given no indication he wants to go away" -- Angelos on Duquette</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

This is going to be very ugly im afraid.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Angelos on Duquette: "We not only want him to (honor his contact), but we expect him to. We don’t want him to go away ... (more)</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>"..And we don’t expect him to go away. And he’s given no indication he wants to go away" -- Angelos on Duquette</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

Queue dramatic music and commercial break...

I've never understood why coaches and GMs are always moving around when they're under contract. Doesn't he have an obligation to stay and do his job?

Yes, he would need for the Orioles to let him go to take the job. Traditionally, baseball teams do not prevent personnel from accepting a higher level job with another team.

Okay....I'm definitely jumping the gun here, but IF Duquette leaves, I hope Jason McLeod, Sr. VP of Player Development and Amateur Scouting for the Cubs, gets and takes an interview. I like what this guy has done to the Cubs over the last few years. He has improved the Cubs minor league system from bottom third in the league to top 3. He was offered an interview with the Padres a few weeks ago, but declined. He may be tough to pry away from the Cubs, but IF we lose Duquette, I like McLeod quite a bit.

Archived