Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rochester
You can't keep a GM that doesn't like Baltimore. I'm not going to worry until I hear we signed Delmon for 5/40 or something like that.

Correct but he can send him home for the season and pay him until the season is over or demand a "generous" return from Toronto. I understand that the normal outcome is to let an employee leave for a promotion but I do not know of any precedent in the timing of this. This is not about PA not letting someone go for a promotion, his track record is fine, it is about not letting someone go that is extremely hurtful to the franchise because of the timing.

If I am Dan Duquette or Roger Communication I would be very careul right now.

Peter does not seem like the kind of guy that will take this lightly. He will do everything in his power legally to make sure his franchise is not harmed.

If Peter does not grant permission for Dan to interview for the Jays position than Dan should not think he is getting a raise to go to the Jays. Not after Peter sues him for breach for contract and collect damages from Dan.

And Rogers Com. should not be worried about what baseball penalties there may be. Peter has proven that he will take matters to court. Peter may end up owning two baseball team before its all over.

People mention Theo going from the Red Sox to the Cubs. The Red Sox granted permission. That is a whole different ball of wax.

However, the fact that the Red Sox granted Epstein permission to talk to the Cubs indicated they were content to let him leave.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/theo-epstein-walks-boston-red-sox-agrees-five-year-deal-run-chicago-cubs-sources-article-1.961821

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Angelos said Blue Jays would have to contact the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> and ask if willing to relinquish Duquette. "We're not relinquishing him, period"</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">December 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Guest rochester
Sounds like Pete is breaking out the Vaseline.

DD and Toronto may have underestimated just how stubborn he can be. I can see him paying DD to clean the bathrooms just to make a point until he feels he is compensated commensurate to what he feels he is losing.

He is not being stubborn - he is doing the right thing and will get what he wants in return, even if it means sending DD home.

Here's a thought......what if DD calls Angelos with a significant trade proposal for his approval during the winter meetings? Is Angelos in a place right now where he's going to pull out the veto card on a deal DD wants, knowing that vetoing a deal could further DD's itch to leave town? There could be a window here where DD has more ability to pull off a deal, not less, as has been speculated in this thread.

If I am Dan Duquette or Roger Communication I would be very care right now.

Peter does not seem like the kind of guy that will take this lightly. He will do everything in his power legally to make sure his franchise is not harmed.

If Peter does not grant permission for Dan to interview for the Jays position than Dan should not think he is getting a raise to go to the Jays. Not after Peter sues him for breach for contract and collect damages from Dan.

And Rogers Com. should not be worried about what baseball penalties there may be. Peter has proven that he will take matters to court. Peter may end up owning two baseball team before its all over.

People mention Theo going from the Red Sox to the Cubs. The Red Sox granted permission. That is a whole different ball of wax.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/theo-epstein-walks-boston-red-sox-agrees-five-year-deal-run-chicago-cubs-sources-article-1.961821

Imagine a MASN International channel with Blue Jays broadcasts in French. :eek:

Yes, he would need for the Orioles to let him go to take the job. Traditionally, baseball teams do not prevent personnel from accepting a higher level job with another team.

Yeah, "traditionally" owners would let other teams relocate without taking MLB to the cleaners, too. I don't think Potter has too much concern about "traditionally." I think it is just whether he thinks he is getting shafted or not that gets his blood going.

He is not being stubborn - he is doing the right thing and will get what he wants in return, even if it means sending DD home.

Oh I agree...my point is that Pete is not gonna cave and take a Carpenter type or just say oh well.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Angelos said Blue Jays would have to contact the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> and ask if willing to relinquish Duquette. "We're not relinquishing him, period"</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">December 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sorry Dan. Now get us some players.

Archived