2015 Season Ticket Packets (13,29,81)

ChuckS

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> season ticket prices and single game prices will remain the same in 2015. No increases, per source</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">January 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

My guess is that if the decision was made to raise ticket prices, this would not have gone without comment for an hour. Kudos to the Orioles for not raising ticket prices.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Every year, we do pretty thorough analysis factoring in various elements to determine our pricing,” said vice president for communications and marketing Greg Bader. “Ultimately, we were driven by the fact that we wanted to keep providing affordable family-friendly entertainment. We wanted to ensure that Orioles baseball remained among the more affordable experiences among the four major sports.

“At the end of the day, the decision was made to keep the prices the same to make sure as many people as possible can enjoy Orioles baseball,” Bader added.

“Every year, we do pretty thorough analysis factoring in various elements to determine our pricing,” said vice president for communications and marketing Greg Bader. “Ultimately, we were driven by the fact that we wanted to keep providing affordable family-friendly entertainment. We wanted to ensure that Orioles baseball remained among the more affordable experiences among the four major sports.

“At the end of the day, the decision was made to keep the prices the same to make sure as many people as possible can enjoy Orioles baseball,” Bader added.

I have to say this is something that the O's do right. I'm also a New York Rangers fan, and it's damn near impossible to take my family to a game. bad seats cost $150 per, and we have 3 kids. Love taking the family to the Yard for O's games. I'm a 13 game plan holder for the first time in 2015, and excitedly waiting to pick my seats!

Any other season ticket holders get this email: They used to give out t-shirts but this is real nice.

Earlier today, the Orioles announced that "Baltimore Orioles: 60 Years of Orioles Magic" is being published to commemorate 60 years of Orioles baseball in Baltimore. As a Season Plan Member for at least three seasons, you will be receiving one complimentary copy of the book as a thank you for your continued loyalty and support of the Orioles. (Please note: You will receive a voucher for your complimentary book along with redemption instructions in early March.)

My guess is that if the decision was made to raise ticket prices, this would not have gone without comment for an hour. Kudos to the Orioles for not raising ticket prices.

The Orioles are still expected to send statements to season-ticket holders via email by next Monday. Last season, that information was sent out in early November. The delay was at least partially due to the organization deciding whether to raise ticket prices for 2015, according to a club spokesman.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-will-not-raise-ticket-prices-for-2015-20150127-story.html

They might not be raising the prices but it doesnt mean they wont make more games premium etc.

They could do that but I doubt it.

Last year they had 5 elite games which were Opening Day and 4 Saturday games against the Red Sox, Yankees and Cardinals. They also had 14 prime games which included all the non-April and non-Saturday Red Sox, Yankees and Cardinals games. They had 7 select games which include all the Saturday (non-Yankee) summer games and the two mid-week Nats games.

If you look at the 2015 schedule, we don't play a summer weekend series against a team as attractive as the Cardinals. Opening Day is obviously a prime game. I would expect the July 10th-12th Nats series to get the Cardinals treatment with the Saturday game as elite and the other two games as prime due to the increased interest in O's-Nats games and the mid-summer weekend timing. June 13th against the Yankees is definitely an elite game and the penultimate game of the season, October 3rd against the Yankees probably is too. The only other weekend series against the Red Sox or Yankees is late April against the Red Sox. If you pencil that Saturday game in as an elite game that brings us to last season's total of 5.

Penciling in the rest of the Yankees and Red Sox games as prime brings us to a total of 17 prime games. But this includes the first weekday series of the season, April 13th-15th against the Yankees. Last season the April 2nd and 3rd games against Boston were designated as classic games, and I wouldn't be surprised if this series is similarly designated due to the difficulty in selling tickets to mid-week April games. Those two games last season averaged 23,000 which was significantly lower than the attendance vs Toronto the following weekend. My instinct is that those game will not be prime games which leaves us at a total of 14 prime games, identical to last season.

The other summer weekend series are against the Indians, Tigers, Athletics and Twins. I can't imagine any of those games being elite matchups, nor any of them even being compelling enough to slot in as prime matchups. The Saturday games will probably get the select tag while the other games get the classic designation. Slotting in the three April Yankee games in this category as a compromise bring the number of select games to 7, which puts us at the exact same number of elite, prime and select games that we had last season.

The only other games I see that could possibly be designated as more expensive than a classic games are the 5 mid-week summer games against the Braves and the Phillies. Last season the Nats were the only non-Red Sox or Yankees team that got a mid-week bump. I don't expect either of these teams to get that bump despite their relative proximity (and rareness of games at OPACY), because of how lousy they were last year (Philly) and the fact that they are rebuilding (Atlanta).

I will be sure to check this post when the full schedule comes out and point out any incorrect guesses I have made.

If they added more elite/prime/whatever games, and reduced the number of cheaper games, that would increase the costs for 81-game holders, I am pretty sure, and they would have to say they were raising ticket prices.

There certainly would be a bunch of snark directed at the team. I doubt they seriously modify the ratio of elite/prime/select/standard/bargain games.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> season tix plans start @ $160 (13-gamer), which is actually cheaper than '14 bec way plan breaks down & more Tues bargain nights.</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">January 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived