Spring Training 2015 (Going to)

blindwillie40

{This is my first post}

I am making my first trip to Orioles Spring training this year (March 30 to April 3) with my family and I was looking for any insights/suggestions/tips. We are staying on Lido Beach with another family (4 adults and 6 kids ages 9-16).

Do the games normally sell out?

Are some sections in the stadium better than others for kids?

Do you recommend arriving early to games?

Do the kids have a chance to interact with players?

Any unique/interesting family-friendly restaurants in the area?

Any other sites you would recommend?

Any insight or information or links to other write-ups would be greatly appreciated.

Love the Birds.

blindwillie - do check out the links above. They will answer many of your questions.

We stayed on Siesta Key last year and had a blast. Great beaches and the community strip has great eating places and some decent night life. Not making it down this year.

Love that area. Go Os!

I'll piggyback on this thread. I'm going to make one game -- March 7. (A friend who is a Nats fan, and I, are visiting a friend who lives in Tampa, for 5 days... mostly to hit all the good restaurants and beer bars. Our host is not a baseball fan at all but we are going to manage to make the one O's game and one Nats game [March 8 vs the Yankees in Tampa]).

So I'll be buying our tickets for March 7 when they go on sale Saturday morning. What direction is the stadium oriented in. Which side is the best to sit on to avoid having the sun in your face? Which side is the Oriole dugout on?

I'll piggyback on this thread. I'm going to make one game -- March 7. (A friend who is a Nats fan, and I, are visiting a friend who lives in Tampa, for 5 days... mostly to hit all the good restaurants and beer bars. Our host is not a baseball fan at all but we are going to manage to make the one O's game and one Nats game [March 8 vs the Yankees in Tampa]).

So I'll be buying our tickets for March 7 when they go on sale Saturday morning. What direction is the stadium oriented in. Which side is the best to sit on to avoid having the sun in your face? Which side is the Oriole dugout on?

Cigar City is a must.

Well that makes two Hokies who will be at the 3/7 game then. I'll be there as well with my dad (Christmas gift from my mom).

My wife and I went down in 2011 and we had a blast. So, we're returning with our 3 year old son this year. Staying in Siesta Key for the week and we'll catch two games (Boston 3/7, Toronto 3/11).

I'd highly recommend making a ST trip. The beaches are awesome and the O's did a tremendous job renovating Ed Smith. Fantastic place to see a game. I'm counting down the days.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this thread because while there are many suggestions on bars/restaurants/beaches in here and the linked threads, I haven't seen anyone throw out any golf recommendations. Not sure if we'll even play but want to think about the possibility, what courses should I be looking at?

Maybe combining those threads into a single thread and making it a sticky? Since this topic pops up every spring.

Archived