Buck doesn't know O's record.

tntoriole

Quote from Buck in Roch's article on MASN

"I didn't know what our record was until (someone) told me. I don't get involved in that unless you guys tell me. We're trying to win the next game, and that's in Detroit."

Do you buy this? I love Buck, but there is no way that I believe that he is able to avoid knowing the won-loss record of the team he is managing. I mean he knows the second left-hander on the opposing team's favorite breakfast cereal. Give me a break!

I know, I know, the "one game at a time, win the one tomorrow" Zen thing is important, but let's be real!

What say you? Do you think the Buckster is pulling the leg of said reporters when he says things like this?

"I didn't know what our record was until (someone) told me. I don't get involved in that unless you guys tell me. We're trying to win the next game, and that's in Detroit."

Do you buy this? I love Buck, but there is no way that I believe that he is able to avoid knowing the won-loss record of the team he is managing. I mean he knows the second left-hander on the opposing team's favorite breakfast cereal. Give me a break!

I know, I know, the "one game at a time, win the one tomorrow" Zen thing is important, but let's be real!

What say you? Do you think the Buckster is pulling the leg of said reporters when he says things like this?

A little over the top there by Buck. I don't believe for a second he does not know what the standings are. Buck has a penchant for managerisms and honestly think he loves to play with journalists when the mood strikes him, especially the stupid ones.

Idk. When we're going bad, I don't check the standings. Denial is a helpful tool.

Yea we are fans...he is the manager of the team.

Buck is a very very media savy guy, he worked in the media. He knows that answering that question can only spawn a line questioning that he would rather not deal with. It is essentially Buck doing what a Mod here does when a thread is leading in a direction they would rather not go. They simply refocus the thread or close it. Buck is simply doing the same. PR tactics. Buck is much more PR savy than he sometimes get credit for

Buck knows for sure. He's just teasing with the guy.

I am sure he knows the record +/- five games or so just from living through them. But I believe him when he says that he couldn't accurately recite it tonight. The actual record is probably number 100 on his daily priority list, right behind what mid-season fertilizer regimen they are applying to the field.

I called Roch, and told him that I was Buck Showalter.

He fell for it.

I called Roch, and told him that I was Buck Showalter.

He fell for it.

How could you not know our record? ;)

I do know it' date=' but I lied.

That's the point.

If I could get all of the Orioles players to [i']never, ever stray[/i] from the "One game at a time" philosophy, I would tell them all that the moon was made of artificial turf, and that I am an alien from another solar system.

If it takes me telling them that I don't even know what our record is, I'll do that.

I do know it, but I lied.

That's the point.

If I could get all of the Orioles players to never, ever stray from the "One game at a time" philosophy, I would tell them all that the moon was made of artificial turf, and that I am an alien from another solar system.

If it takes me telling them that I don't even know what our record is, I'll do that.

I know that, that's why I had put the winking smiley face. :)

I do know it, but I lied.

That's the point.

If I could get all of the Orioles players to never, ever stray from the "One game at a time" philosophy, I would tell them all that the moon was made of artificial turf, and that I am an alien from another solar system.

Roch would never buy it... He knows his roster cards aren't colorful........

Archived