vs. TIGERS 8/02

scOtt

Detroit is a below mediocre team. They are without Cabrera, and more recently Cesppedes. We won last night without them having JD Martinez on the lineup. Today we didn't get out of the blocks well, we played some bad defense and made some bonehead plays. We shouldn't have ended up with a 2-2 in this series. We needed to win it. Now we will play on the road where we have been poor against teams that usually play well against us at their home park. Good luck O's.Its just not their year.

Agree. I fear this West Coast swing will put the big kaput on being in this race.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was really, really well liked and he has been here for over 4 years. That matters a lot more to players than whether he is an All Star, especially when they think he got salary dumped rather than traded for talent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some AAA nevergonnabe.

Detroit is a below mediocre team. They are without Cabrera, and more recently Cesppedes. We won last night without them having JD Martinez on the lineup. Today we didn't get out of the blocks well, we played some bad defense and made some bonehead plays. We shouldn't have ended up with a 2-2 in this series. We needed to win it. Now we will play on the road where we have been poor against teams that usually play well against us at their home park. Good luck O's.Its just not their year.

Yeah, I think this road trip is going to expose us. Let's hope people get real hot.

He was really, really well liked and he has been here for over 4 years. That matters a lot more to players than whether he is an All Star, especially when they think he got salary dumped rather than traded for talent.

I get that too. But $4.5 million for an average reliever is ridiculous. And where was the hangover yesterday? I just don't buy it.

That said, I'm sure he'll be the 2016 NL Cy Young winner given the history of pitchers going from Baltimore to Chicago.

Some AAA nevergonnabe.

Eh that's not fair to Lake. He may well never be a productive mlber but look at what Paraedes has done. I hated seeing Tommy go for sentimental reasons too but I'd give Lake a chance before I'd call him a nevergonnabe:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. I fear this West Coast swing will put the big kaput on being in this race.

We better get lessons on how to win on the road on the flight to Oakland, because they shown little sign that they know how to do it so far this season. To put it mildly, they stunk so far.

The Royal "we!" You know, the editorial...!

Ha! But anyhow game ain't over yet and it's nonsense to suggest that JD Martinez's injury last night was the difference between a 6-2 win and a loss. Unfair to Gausman too I may add.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, he doesn't impress me much. He looked better in spring training.

Just got done telling the wife, the only thing he can throw over is the fastball, and it's 89 -91 with very little movement. I'm not impressed, either...at least with this game.

Archived