3B Manny Machado

CF Adam Jones

1B Chris Davis

C Matt Wieters

2B Jonathan Schoop - needs to be higher up in lineup

RF Mark Trumbo

DH Jimmy Paredes or Christian Walker

SS JJ Hardy

Any lineup that features Mark Trumbo in the outfield is not a good one, and the Orioles know that. I expect Trumbo will be the primary DH and will occasionally spell Davis at 1B, but I'd be shocked if he got more than a handful of starts in the outfield.

Any lineup that features Mark Trumbo in the outfield is not a good one, and the Orioles know that. I expect Trumbo will be the primary DH and will occasionally spell Davis at 1B, but I'd be shocked if he got more than a handful of starts in the outfield.

Delmon got 28 and 40 these past two years. I could see him in this range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id much rather see a guy like Dariel Alvarez, LJ Hoes or Henry Urrutia get a shot

I agree.

Right now this would be my starting lineup

LF Hyun Soo Kim

3B Manny Machado

CF Adam Jones

1B Chris Davis

C Matt Wieters

2B Jonathan Schoop - needs to be higher up in lineup

RF Mark Trumbo

DH Jimmy Paredes or Christian Walker

SS JJ Hardy

Ugh. Cespedes or Upton in RF and Trumbo at 1B/DH would be so much better. And counting on Paredes or Walker as a full time start is absurd.

So we are going to be signing another OF? Any idea who that might be?

I just figured it would be cheaper to add a DH/1B like Pearce or Alvarez.

1) L Kim (LF)

2) R Machado (3B)

3) R Jones (CF)

4) L Davis (1B)

5) R Trumbo (DH)

6) R Schoop (2B)

7) S Wieters ©

8) R Reimold (RF)

9) R Hardy (SS)

L-R-R-L-R-R-S-R-R. Notes:

- Machado could still lead off if the team is comfortable with Kim batting second.

- Davis and Jones could switch if another lefty is in the lineup.

- Right now, I think Trumbo is spelled a bit with Paredes DHing. The team can still use one more value left handed bat.

- It's plausible to have Hardy bat 8th with Reimold 9th, turning over the lineup better. Reimold did do a bit of leadoff hitting remember. If Kim busts, you'll see that happen again.

Archived