We only have two hitters over .725 OPS since the all-star break

Frobby

Alvarez .978, Kim .964. Everyone else under .725, bottoming out with Trumbo .555, Wieters .423, Reimold .404, Davis .403 and Flaherty .328.

On a somewhat related note, Buck has really been running Wieters into the ground since he decided his foot had recovered enough to play. He has started 9 of the last 10 games, including the last 6 in a row. I don't really understand that, considering how Wieters has been struggling at the plate.

Alvarez .978, Kim .964. Everyone else under .725, bottoming out with Trumbo .555, Wieters .423, Reimold .404, Davis .403 and Flaherty .328.

On a somewhat related note, Buck has really been running Wieters into the ground since he decided his foot had recovered enough to play. He has started 9 of the last 10 games, including the last 6 in a row. I don't really understand that, considering how Wieters has been struggling at the plate.

Buck's use of Wieters is mindboggling. Joseph was playing better and Wieters is clearly not at 100% and has been pretty bad since June 1st at the plate. I love Buck as a manager, but he does some strange things at times.

Buck's use of Wieters is mindboggling. Joseph was playing better and Wieters is clearly not at 100% and has been pretty bad since June 1st at the plate. I love Buck as a manager, but he does some strange things at times.

He has look good behind the plate, that ball in the dirt that the runner tried to steal 2nd on, late in the game, but Wieters was all over that and fired a rocket to 2nd and just got the runner, looked sharp on that play.

Buck placed a prop bet before the season that Joseph would finish season with 0 RBIs. 10000-1 odds.

He has look good behind the plate, that ball in the dirt that the runner tried to steal 2nd on, late in the game, but Wieters was all over that and fired a rocket to 2nd and just got the runner, looked sharp on that play.

He did a great job on that play. There were several balls he failed to block in the first several games after he returned from the sore foot. And in general, he has not been as good at blocking pitches this year as he has been in the past, IMO. (FWIW, BP has him at -0.3 blocking runs this year, the first time he has ever been negative in that category.)

I really wish Buck would give Kim a shot to play against lefties. At least let him prove he can't do it.

I agree with this.. What are the splits for him in Japan? His approach looks like it could translate well.

As far as the OP, thanks for putting numbers to it. It's been very painful watching our hitters flail up there. I keep thinking a turnaround is coming for the whole squad, but who knows? Alvarez and Jones were the only ones that really struggled to start and now they're normalizing some. Perhaps the rest of the team was due for this sort of regression. Definitely Trumbo and Schoop based on career numbers. And then there's Davis who finished 2014 batting .196..

The only one I'm confident will break out of it is Manny. I have hope everyone can, but we just gotta wait and see.

It's almost like Buck is trying to help Wieters out with his next contract, letting Wieters show that he is still a durable every day catcher

As Wieters even when he struggles he is better than Caleb. IMO

The offense has not been good outside of Kim and Pedro. That said, we roll into Chicago statistically still in first place. I would think that if we can survive the 10 game road trip and somehow manage to cling to the lead....

Well, those bats won't be cold forever.

K hon

Some pitching staff on some team out there is gonna pay for this. And soon.

I agree with this.. What are the splits for him in Japan? His approach looks like it could translate well.

As far as the OP, thanks for putting numbers to it. It's been very painful watching our hitters flail up there. I keep thinking a turnaround is coming for the whole squad, but who knows? Alvarez and Jones were the only ones that really struggled to start and now they're normalizing some. Perhaps the rest of the team was due for this sort of regression. Definitely Trumbo and Schoop based on career numbers. And then there's Davis who finished 2014 batting .196..

The only one I'm confident will break out of it is Manny. I have hope everyone can, but we just gotta wait and see.

It's South Korea. And yes I too wish Buck played Kim more.

Archived