Bridwell down Ondrusek recalled

bpilktree

Why does Buck like Bridwell so much?

I don't know why everyone seems to love Bridwell he is mentioned lots of times in people that other teams ask about. His numbers in the minors have always been erratic at best but you here people say he has big arm and all but what we saw this week was a guy not that good and average stuff at best for the bullpen. I was expecting guy come in mid 90s fastball atleast. He was low 90 guy maybe he is not all the way back from injury but if that is the stuff he has now they can trade him anytime.

Isn't there a lot of dead arm going on right now. Not saying that is his problem but I don't want to cut bait with a young arm with upside because he has given up a couple of

HRs in four innings of relief.

He shouldn't have arm fatigue though as he has been out for a good period of time. He still may not be completely back from that though. I wouldn't let him go yet but with needing some space on the roster with rosters expanding he could be one of those guys let go.

Why does Buck like Bridwell so much?
I don't know why everyone seems to love Bridwell he is mentioned lots of times in people that other teams ask about. His numbers in the minors have always been erratic at best but you here people say he has big arm and all but what we saw this week was a guy not that good and average stuff at best for the bullpen. I was expecting guy come in mid 90s fastball atleast. He was low 90 guy maybe he is not all the way back from injury but if that is the stuff he has now they can trade him anytime.

He has made all of two appearances in low leverage situations. He got a shot, he did not succeed, and he is gone. There is nothing to indicate the organization is overly wedded to him.

That said, in the reports I have seen on Bridwell he is supposed to hit 97. I don't remember seeing higher than about 94 and he seemed to be sitting around 92. Either he is not fully healthy or the reports are overblown. He did throw a good slider.

He has made all of two appearances in low leverage situations. He got a shot, he did not succeed, and he is gone. There is nothing to indicate the organization is overly wedded to him.

That said, in the reports I have seen on Bridwell he is supposed to hit 97. I don't remember seeing higher than about 94 and he seemed to be sitting around 92. Either he is not fully healthy or the reports are overblown. He did throw a good slider.

Yeah he was a starter to that was supposed to be a mid to upper 90s guy. When he moved to the pen here I would have thought uppers 90s would be the norm but didn't see it. Maybe he is like Tilman who takes awhile to get going. I am not sure where he is on the totem pole on the 40 man. We are going to add 2 or 3 guys from not on the 40 man down the stretch I would think so we will have to see who gets chopped off the current 40 man.

Archived