Orioles Entertainment?

AceKing

5 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Thursday's announcement comes as a reversal of more than two decades of tradition under the ownership of the Angelos family at Camden Yards. Two years after the ballpark opened in 1992, the Maryland Stadium Authority tried to book a concert with Pink Floyd and The Rolling Stones for the summer of 1994just after Peter Angelos bought the team, but he rebuffed them.

Angelos told The Baltimore Sun in 2000 that he was "not going to have it become some kind of honky tonk for various and sundry rock 'n' roll bands."

The lease initially held that the Orioles had veto power over concerts and nonbaseball events the MSA booked for the ballpark, but wouldn't share in any of the profits. A different arrangement was made when the Ravens came to town and moved into what is now M&T Bank Stadium, with the profits from events such as concerts split between the stadium authority and the Ravens.

These are the top upcoming Baltimore-area concerts. For additional concerts, see baltimoresun.com/events. For more music coverage, check out Midnight Sun.

They never took advantage of that, though there were efforts to do so. Orioles Entertainment, LLC was formed in 2004 — the same year the rock band Van Halen filed a lawsuit for damages of at least $2 million, alleging they'd agreed to a lucrative verbal deal with Orioles Entertainment for the first concert at Camden Yards before the team backed out.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-camden-yards-concert-20190109-story.html

$2 million in damages for Van Halen. Talk about a deal that would make Davis’ look better. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Baltimore Set List - List of bands and artists that are pretty cool and claim or have claimed Baltimore as their home.  I think these are all active musicians still.

Turnstile

Future Islands

ILL Conscious

Dan Deacon

Soul Cannon

Celebration

Labtekwon

The Flying Eyes

15 hours ago, bobmc said:

LOL and does anyone really GAF that this is happening?  wtf  Next Neil Diamond singing Caroline?

@DrungoHazewood wants Thom and Radiohead or Arcade Fire.  @Can of Corn wants all of these "arcane" fire groups

Lately I'm more of a Lumineers and Of Monsters and Men kind of guy.  I took the boys to see U2 with the Lumineers opening in '17, that was kind of epic.

I've had two completely unrelated people tell me, years ago, that I looked like Thom Yorke.  I'm not really sure that's a compliment.

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Lately I'm more of a Lumineers and Of Monsters and Men kind of guy.  I took the boys to see U2 with the Lumineers opening in '17, that was kind of epic.

I've had two completely unrelated people tell me, years ago, that I looked like Thom Yorke.  I'm not really sure that's a compliment.

Thom is a compliment. 

Archived