Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

I do not know about beyond 2019 for Chris.  He is probably taking it one day at a time and not looking in the crystal ball for future years.  I was so glad for him today. I hope he has a decent year for himself and the team.  it would seem that an attention  deficient disorder would be crippling when trying to hit major league pitching.  You would think there would be something, legal that he could take for that ailment.   Anyway good to beat the Red Sox and to have Chris a big part of it.  He must feel like a king tonight.  

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After striking out 11 times in his first 21 PA, Davis has only struck out 5 times in his last 22 PA.    So while his overall 37.2% K rate is still terrible, he’s cleaned things up considerably the last week or so.

There are actually 12 players in MLB with at least 30 PA who have a higher K rate than Davis right now.   Unfortunately, Richie Martin is one of them (5th, at 42.1%).

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

After striking out 11 times in his first 21 PA, Davis has only struck out 5 times in his last 22 PA.    So while his overall 37.2% K rate is still terrible, he’s cleaned things up considerably the last week or so.

There are actually 12 players in MLB with at least 30 PA who have a higher K rate than Davis right now.   Unfortunately, Richie Martin is one of them (5th, at 42.1%).

I think we are witnessing what a Hot Streak Davis looks like right now.  I don't think it's sustainable but it sure beats what we are normally seeing.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I think we are witnessing what a Hot Streak Davis looks like right now.  I don't think it's sustainable but it sure beats what we are normally seeing.

I think he’s still capable of putting some balls over the fence.    But put it this way: his chances of hitting under .100 are probably better than his chances of hitting over .200.    

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think he’s still capable of putting some balls over the fence.    But put it this way: his chances of hitting under .100 are probably better than his chances of hitting over .200.    

Sure, a few dongs could happen.

What I am saying is this making good contact, strike out rate reasonable Davis we are looking at is the now version of the 6HR in a week Davis of yore.

33 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sure, a few dongs could happen.

What I am saying is this making good contact, strike out rate reasonable Davis we are looking at is the now version of the 6HR in a week Davis of yore.

Probably.    Last year Davis had one 2 HR game, hit homers on consecutive days three times, and otherwise never even hit 2 HR in a three game stretch.    

Archived