Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

On 4/24/2019 at 4:03 PM, Bubble Buddy said:

I've thought about that situation as well with Palmer. I know we can't know all the details, but it wreaked of "kicking a man while he's down". I really like Palmer as the color guy and I know he's connected to people. But not really a fan of the way he hung Davis out to dry like that. And obviously Davis is showing he's not lazy or a quitter. 

when Palmer was playing, he was not always well liked by his coaches or his peers.

He was not a clubhouse cancer, either.

15 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

when Palmer was playing, he was not always well liked by his coaches or his peers.

He was not a clubhouse cancer, either.

Good point. Name me a great player who was always well liked by coaches and fellow players. The great ones always have an edge to them that rubs others wrong.  Not just in sports...just part of their make up. 

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Davis is 9 for his last 30 (.300).   With 2 homers and 8 RBIs.   If he keeps this up he will work his way back into the middle of the lineup.

10 for 31 (.323) with 3 homers and 9 RBIs.

1 hour ago, pastorfan said:

Good point. Name me a great player who was always well liked by coaches and fellow players. The great ones always have an edge to them that rubs others wrong.  Not just in sports...just part of their make up. 

Brooks Robinson.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

Davis is 9 for his last 30 (.300).   With 2 homers and 8 RBIs.   If he keeps this up he will work his way back into the middle of the lineup.

No rush. I would rather him get comfortable and in a bit of a groove, if possible, before they put anything else on him.

2 hours ago, pastorfan said:

Gretzky.  

2 hours ago, 24fps said:

Brooks Robinson.

"There's not a man who knows him who wouldn't swear for his integrity and honesty and give testimony to his consideration of others. He’s an extraordinary human being, which is important, and the world’s greatest third baseman of all time, which is incidental." - Sportswriter John Steadman.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pastorfan said:

Good point. Name me a great player who was always well liked by coaches and fellow players. 

Brooks Robinson
Hank Greenberg
Ernie Banks
Ozzie Smith
Christy Mathewson
Harold Baines
Tony Gwynn
Willie Stargell
Addie Joss
Yogi
Nap Lajoie
Honus Wagner

I'm sure that's just a small sampling.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Brooks Robinson
Hank Greenberg
Ernie Banks
Ozzie Smith
Christy Mathewson
Harold Baines
Tony Gwynn
Willie Stargell
Addie Joss
Yogi
Nap Lajoie
Honus Wagner

I'm sure that's just a small sampling.

I the obnoxious aholes are probably 2-3 times or more than the nice ones.

34 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I the obnoxious aholes are probably 2-3 times or more than the nice ones.

They're just people.

Who've been told they're awesome by everyone since they were nine and then given a $3M signing bonus as a teenager.  No way that could influence behavior and perception.

3 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

They're just people.

Who've been told they're awesome by everyone since they were nine and then given a $3M signing bonus as a teenager.  No way that could influence behavior and perception.

That explains today guys, but in the past, there was too many Ty Cobbs, Pete Rose, Jose Casenco, Billy Martin, Manny Ramirez, A-Rod.