Hyde's Decisions 2019

Aristotelian

5 minutes ago, murph said:

I was wondering the same, for a lot of the moves we are seeing, but have they really had enough time to develop these scenarios utilizing the data they have?  I honestly don't know, but maybe they (Elias, Sig and crew) came in way more prepared than any of us realized or maybe they are working 24/7 on refining the data to help with these decisions.  Probably a combination of everything, but would be so cool if they found some secret formula...lol

I'd love to know but we never will know the full effects of what they're doing.  The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.  

I think some of us (me included) think that there's some secret formula.  

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'd love to know but we never will know the full effects of what they're doing.  The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.  

I think some of us (me included) think that there's some secret formula.  

One outcome for the O's this year would almost certainly point to it, right?  Regardless, I am enjoying the ride for now.  Even the losses are entertaining at this point. 

1 hour ago, Natty said:

So like, when is Hyde going to see if Jackson can hit ML pitching? We have 3 guys in our lineup who just can not hit. I know its been only 6 games, but we need hitters. 

I think Jackson will be starting in CF by May 1. Mullins is going to get April. Unless he turns it on, I expect him to be sent down and DJ Stewart called up. Mullins just has not produced at the big-league level. I hope he turns it around, but I'm not seeing it. 

Alternatively, I could see us bringing up Hays for Mullins once Hays has stayed down in AAA for the required time. 

4 minutes ago, jtschrei said:

I think Jackson will be starting in CF by May 1. Mullins is going to get April. Unless he turns it on, I expect him to be sent down and DJ Stewart called up. Mullins just has not produced at the big-league level. I hope he turns it around, but I'm not seeing it. 

Alternatively, I could see us bringing up Hays for Mullins once Hays has stayed down in AAA for the required time. 

I expect the Mullins train to go elsewhere. Whether the minors or another club that will have him stop switch hitting and play him a a short left or right field. 

1 hour ago, Natty said:

So like, when is Hyde going to see if Jackson can hit ML pitching? We have 3 guys in our lineup who just can not hit. I know its been only 6 games, but we need hitters. 

Bring up Diaz.  What is the date they can bring him up and not lose a year of team control?  And not super 2? 

30 minutes ago, atomic said:

Bring up Diaz.  What is the date they can bring him up and not lose a year of team control?  And not super 2? 

It’s never going to happen.    But, April 12 for team control.   Super-2 is not a fixed date, it is determined ex post facto based on a set percentage of players with 2+ years of service time who will qualify.    But mid-June is probably safe.   

2 hours ago, weams said:

I expect the Mullins train to go elsewhere. Whether the minors or another club that will have him stop switch hitting and play him a a short left or right field. 

I agree with this, I don't think Mullins is going to hit up here good enough to hang around. He's on the bench today.

Just now, TouchemAll said:

I agree with this, I don't think Mullins is going to hit up here good enough to hang around. He's on the bench today.

I’m pretty shocked at how poorly he’s hit all spring.    

21 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m pretty shocked at how poorly he’s hit all spring.    

His slump started last year in Sept. Remember he hit good when he first got called up in Aug. Then he stopped hitting.

4 minutes ago, Natty said:

His slump started last year in Sept. Remember he hit good when he first got called up in Aug. Then he stopped hitting.

Mullins has always been slump-prone.    I remember in 2017 he ended the year in an hellacious slump after being red hot most of the year.    But then he bounced back strong at the start of ‘18.    I will not be surprised if Mullins has to be sent down in a few weeks, but expect that eventually he’ll come around.   

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Mullins has always been slump-prone.    I remember in 2017 he ended the year in an hellacious slump after being red hot most of the year.    But then he bounced back strong at the start of ‘18.    I will not be surprised if Mullins has to be sent down in a few weeks, but expect that eventually he’ll come around.   

Martin and Mullins batting back to back, 9th and 1st, is just a bad spot in our lineup so far. 

Archived