Farewell OH

Luke-OH

14 hours ago, Frobby said:

I was just thinking, “Luke....it is your destiny!!

And I have no doubt this is true (and kinda clever).  Congrats to Luke, and even more-so to the Orioles organization - and also to the Hangout for giving him the forum to show his skills.  This is such great news and obviously deserved.      

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ruzious said:

And I have no doubt this is true (and kinda clever).  Congrats to Luke, and even more-so to the Orioles organization - and also to the Hangout for giving him the forum to show his skills.  This is such great news and obviously deserved.      

Here here to all of the above!  I thanked him on Twitter also, but I will miss both looking for and reading his insights/detailed narratives on players.  @Luke-OH  always backed up his reasoning and saw the other perspective to his.  The Orioles have selected a great one and hope to see his "fingerprints" on many future Oriole prospect selections!  ⚾

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

My guess:

Because any data he produces will be proprietary to the Orioles.  The Orioles might very well also have rules against employees posting to sites like these.

No doubt. Luke's opinions need to be proprietary, but he'll also have access to much more information than before, so they just cannot let someone like him post.

As an aside, if I were a young scout, I'd start posting here and hope to get Tony's attention. In addition to Tony, this site has featured smart posting from a few guys - including Luke - in the past. A couple went on to baseball careers. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

No doubt. Luke's opinions need to be proprietary, but he'll also have access to much more information than before, so they just cannot let someone like him post.

As an aside, if I were a young scout, I'd start posting here and hope to get Tony's attention. In addition to Tony, this site has featured smart posting from a few guys - including Luke - in the past. A couple went on to baseball careers. 

Well there's obviously an opening! ;)

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Well there's obviously an opening! ;)

Who’s next? Several posters are smart and write clearly and well and could step in as luke’s Pale replacement. Not me, I can’t even recognize a pitch out of the hand. But who could help fill the gap?

1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

The O's also hired Kevin Carter (@KevinWC7) yesterday who had been writing for Baseball Prospectus and a Rangers website.

Luke, congrats!! I don't post a ton, and we haven't gone back and forth much, but I did appreciate your thoughts the few times we did converse. Very happy for you, and very appreciative of the hard work and time you gave the OH. Good luck on the path ahead. Living the DREAM!