32 minutes ago, interloper said:

Rotation consists of:

Cobb
Means
Akin
Kremer
Lopez
Zimmermann

Do we expect Zimmermann to go right back down?

I would not be opposed to replacing Lopez. I know he was good in his last start but overall I don't really know what he's doing here. If there is room for him in the bullpen that is fine but let's see what the kids can do. 

Welcome to Zimm! Looking forward to seeing him pitch tonight.

Wojo was what he was, filler. He had some decent moments, but it was certainly time. I hope he gets claimed, although I doubt it happens. I do not want him staying around in Bowie. Bring in another low minors player (or two) for what amounts to a ten day mini-camp. 

15 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

Wojo was what he was, filler. He had some decent moments, but it was certainly time. I hope he gets claimed, although I doubt it happens. I do not want him staying around in Bowie. Bring in another low minors player (or two) for what amounts to a ten day mini-camp. 

Yeah, I am a little surprised that Pop and Wells haven't found their way to Bowie yet. Pop says he is healthy, recovered from the TJ surgery and is training in Canada. Would think those guys would merit a look with Rule 5 decisions upcoming.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CheeryO said:

Curious if any one knows -- why was Zimmerman promoted ahead of Michael Baumann, Zac Lowther or the new pickup from the Mets, Kevin Smith?  Are any of the other guys hurt?  Or did Zimmerman just completely outperform them in training?  

Batman is hurt. I believe Lowther was hurt, but is back now. Zimmerman has apparently impressed though, tonight notwithstanding.

• Upvote 1

I wasn’t too impressed with Zimmermann’s stuff tonight, though he did make some nice pitches in the third after giving up the leadoff bomb.    But I wouldn’t judge any pitcher on a shaky debut.   Hopefully he’ll get his land legs and pitch better next time.   

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Batman is hurt. I believe Lowther was hurt, but is back now. Zimmerman has apparently impressed though, tonight notwithstanding.

Thanks.  I'm curious about this Kevin Smith kid the O's got from the Mets.  MLB.com has him ranked at the 12th best prospect in the O's system, just behind Kremer and Lowther, with an ETA of this year.  Could be the O's think he's not quite ready to start, however.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I wasn’t too impressed with Zimmermann’s stuff tonight, though he did make some nice pitches in the third after giving up the leadoff bomb.    But I wouldn’t judge any pitcher on a shaky debut.   Hopefully he’ll get his land legs and pitch better next time.   

I came here specifically to ask if there was going to be a next time? I think he should pitch the rest of the season, no reason not to see what he has. I’ve been wanting to see all these guys all season.

8 hours ago, ArtVanDelay said:

He was great in Silence of the Lambs. 

I thought Wojo looked like a hard rocker, lead singer of something like "Ancient Leviticus Ceremonies" or such. Also, today was my first look at Zimmerman, and I was thinking "why is an actor from a 70's cop show throwing out the first pitch?"