Tuesday, September 12: The return of John Means!

SteveA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Hard to argue with a lot of your points. He's had two 1-1 and should have taken Witt over Rutschman and has a poor defensive second baseman with hitting issues with his other one.  He gets one more offseason with bigger pocketbooks. He gets one more year to put up or shutup.
    • Baseball is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall all alone. You count on it, rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops. A. Bartlett Giamatti, Take Time for Paradise: Americans and Their Games
    • Let him walk. That pop up with the bases loaded and no outs sort of encapsulates the entire postseason for us. It was a pathetic effort and we ended up with squat in a clutch situation.  The HRs are cool but he doesn't hit for average and is only getting older. And he sucks in the playoffs. Goodbye.
    • Is Brandon Hyde going to pull out the “ we just need to do a better job” boilerplate or is he coming up with another way to say the same thing?    It’s easy to be snarky right now. There’s choking under pressure and there’s whatever the team has done over the last couple months. “Choke” doesn’t begin to cover the gag they threw up the last two nights when the season was on the line. Fans leaving the stadium right now aren’t just disappointed, many of them feel betrayed. Hard to blame them. I wonder if Elias might feel the same way. 
    • I just can't comprehend how the 2023 team PLUS Corbin Burnes devolved into this pile of excrement. This may be a .500, non-playoff team next year. I didn't expect any sort of magical run this playoff season, but I didn't think they'd get embarrassed AGAIN on the national stage. 
    • Better yet, where was Adam Frazier when we needed him most.....oh, wait, in the other dugout.    Bases loaded, no one out....sure could have used that guy that Hangouters had to jettison out of here favor of Jackson Holliday.  
  • Popular Contributors