Kyle Bradish Has Sprained UCL, Will Start Season On IL (4/9 Update: Assigned rehab assignment w/Aberdeen)

DrinkinWithFermi

2 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Cease isn't a realistic option. 

Getz's previous demands for him were already silly and that was when he had much less leverage.

It's Ryu/Lorenzen/Clevinger or bust now.

Well they have to be ok with taking Cease into OD too. I know they say they  are ok with it but it’s a big risk and if Cowser or Kjerstad, Norby, Povich and say a guy like Wagner is on the board, I’m not sure they say no to that. 

4 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

There’s no need to panic and be irrational. Kjersted and Cowser are not being traded. Irvin, Wells, Kremer can handle the workload. 

There is nothing irrational about trading for a TOR durable starter with 2 years of control…especially when you can trade out of depth.

Good chance Cowser or Kjerstad will be amongst potential guys to be traded in July for a starter anyway.

1 hour ago, interloper said:

The O's knew this in January, so they've had a month and a half to panic-sign Montgomery or whoever. Doesn't seem like that's gonna happen. 

Tyler Wells may have just earned himself a rotation spot, which deals another blow to the bullpen.

This one's a doozy. 

John Angelos is not "panicking" with his money.  I doubt there will be much of an increase in spending until the money being spent is Rubenstein's and not Angelos'.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

There is nothing irrational about trading for a TOR durable starter with 2 years of control…especially when you can trade out of depth.

Good chance Cowser or Kjerstad will be amongst potential guys to be traded in July for a starter anyway.

They will be potential trade guys amongst fans and sports media guys. Neither of which have any idea how we value our prospects. Both were top 5 overall picks. If I was a betting man, I’d bet Elias doesn’t want to trade either.

37 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

We have past data, and that past data almost uniformly says "it's TJS time."

But maybe we'll get lucky and Bradish will fall into that tiny percentage of pitchers that manage to avoid TJS with a PRP injection. That would be pretty neat.

Are there any examples of this we can point to? 

4 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

What do you mean what? You said all arms only have so many bullets until the elbow gets injured and break. I would love for you to elaborate on that. 

Are you any kind of a baseball fan? Do you understand the rate of TJ surgeries has increased over the past 20 years?

Did they say whether Bradish's injury is distal or proximal?   Proximal UCL injury can heal without surgery.  Distal almost always results in surgery.

I must admit, compare the following 2 rotations:

Burnes, Bradish, Rodriguez, Means, Kremer

and

Burnes, Rodriguez, Kremer, Wells, Irvin.

I'd give the first an A.  The second a C+.  Ouch.  

I'd sign Ryu to a one year prove-it deal. Then I'd hope and pray.  If you sign Montgomery or Snell to a 8 year deal, you'll pay outrageous sums for 5 years of non-pitching...

Just now, DocJJ said:

Did they say whether Bradish's injury is distal or proximal?   Proximal UCL injury can heal without surgery.  Distal almost always results in surgery.

I must admit, compare the following 2 rotations:

Burnes, Bradish, Rodriguez, Means, Kremer

and

Burnes, Rodriguez, Kremer, Wells, Irvin.

I'd give the first an A.  The second a C+.  Ouch.  

I'd sign Ryu to a one year prove-it deal. Then I'd hope and pray.  If you sign Montgomery or Snell to a 8 year deal, you'll pay outrageous sums for 5 years of non-pitching...

Or I'd sign Bauer to a 1 year prove-it deal, but with contract clauses that he can't give any interviews and he must stay off of all social media...