Connor Norby 2024

emmett16

Tough to say how much the O's value Norby. In terms of pecking order, I would think the priority with the Triple A prospects is Holliday, Mayo, Kjerstad.

Not sure where they fall on Norby versus Stowers, but if these guys are both (primarily) corner OFers they could be in direct competition with each other for a spot in Baltimore. 

Is he ahead of Stowers because of his contact skills, positional flexibility, and right-handedness?

Edited by ChuckS

Norby made a nice defensive play last night on a ball hit right at him but back to the wall.  He made it look routine.  

I'd guess it was a 90+% catch outcome, but he made it look routine.  And that's big for not being a natural LF.

If/when a decision/injury happens to Hays, Norby is ready.

3 hours ago, btdart20 said:

Norby made a nice defensive play last night on a ball hit right at him but back to the wall.  He made it look routine.  

I'd guess it was a 90+% catch outcome, but he made it look routine.  And that's big for not being a natural LF.

If/when a decision/injury happens to Hays, Norby is ready.

I'm very happy he's getting a lot of outfield time. I hope once Holliday is promoted, they don't put him back at 2B very often. He's got the speed and arm to play outfield and the more experience he gets out there the better he's become. 

Plus, he need a lot of injuries to become a viable effort at 2B for the Orioles. I realize he may need to be showcased at some point to another team come the training deadline, if that team needs a 2B, then you play him there again (assuming Holliday is already promoted), but until then, play this man in all three outfield positions. 

While I think he's more than a Ryan McKenna, he's AT LEAST a Ryan McKenna in the big leagues if he can make himself a viable defender out there.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I posted this in the Westburg thread but thought it was appropriate to post here. Norby is not a huge EV guy. Last year he was very similar. So while he's doing well and has had success, he does not hit the ball consistently as hard as players like Westburg, Gunnar, or Cowser and is behind Mayo, Kjerstad, Holliday and many non descript Norfolk teammates. Now is he far behind? No, but it's just worth noting.

image.thumb.png.67575f9e8e99419d574cbfb115023b25.png

image.thumb.png.b9a3bb83d5483239c653a56b2e5af7ad.png

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I posted this in the Westburg thread but thought it was appropriate to post here. Norby is not a huge EV guy. Last year he was very similar. So while he's doing well and has had success, he does not hit the ball consistently as hard as players like Westburg, Gunnar, or Cowser and is behind Mayo, Kjerstad, Holliday and many non descript Norfolk teammates. Now is he far behind? No, but it's just worth noting.

image.thumb.png.67575f9e8e99419d574cbfb115023b25.png

image.thumb.png.b9a3bb83d5483239c653a56b2e5af7ad.png

The EV is average at best but I wasn't expecting a 90+ thumper.  But the HH% is lower than I expected.  It would be nice to know what it was last year in AAA...

I was thinking that if Norby can maintain his BB% and LD%, then he's got a good shot at replacing/improving on Hays career norms even if not the HR numbers.  The HH% could use a bump though.