Royals Series Weather

Orioles Jim

1 hour ago, jabba72 said:

From 6-9PM it should be clear enough to play assuming KC doesn't need to leave town by then.

A 5 hour rain delay.   That seems unreasonable.

7 minutes ago, Orioles Jim said:

I’m a little amazed they haven’t postponed the game yet.

Still, I’ve got a ticket, so if they announce the game is being played then I’ll walk on over.

Ohhhhh I so wanted your life!   I took a hard look at apartments up Maryland Ave so I could just hop on the light rail to a game.

Too many other factors got in the way. 

Happy for you tho!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Orioles Jim said:

IMG_0524.thumb.jpeg.36808a8760c9f2b1d9eec04b69c65780.jpegThank you! I’ve currently got this view of Camden Yards out my window right now, so it definitely comes in handy for days like this where I can wait it out from my couch!

Will you marry me?  I can change  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

For the fans maybe.  I think a delayed start time is much different than starting a game and then having a lengthy delay before resuming. 

Not as big of an inconvenience.  Just a change in the game time. 

I posted in the game thread, but I doubt anyone is looking at that right now, so I'll post here too:

I checked, and if this game does get rained out, there's an easy make up day built into the schedule.

Monday, September 23.  It's currently an off day for both teams, and it's right before the Royals start a series in Washington on September 24.  We play in New York on September 24, but play this one early and we can get out of town in plenty of time (our preceding series versus Detroit that runs through September 22 is at home).

It would suck to lose an off day at that point of the season, though (it's the home stretch, literally the last week of games for the season), so I'm hoping the weather clears in time to get this one in tonight. 

58 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

If they were going to postpone the game, they would have done it hours ago. Considering that the rain is getting lighter now, the fact that they've already waited this long tells me that they plan to play the game today/tonight.

• Upvote 1

One thing MLB could do much better is communicate the situation during rain delays.  “We are going to wait until evening if necessary since the Royals don’t return to Baltimore this year.”  Or, “we expect that by 3:00 we’ll know if it will be possible to play today” and then give updates from there.  

• Upvote 4

As I watch the tarp come off the field I have to wonder why a 1:05 start was vital on a get-away day for the Royals and if we could wait this long to play why didn't we delay the start just like the Mets originally did.