Tuesday 6/25 vs. Cleveland

86this

1 minute ago, MDK02 said:

Good lord, that was a terrible, terrible AB. O’Hearn not even close. 

This is the issue with O’Hearn. Excellent platoon player. You start him against righties. But he’s an offensive hole in the late game when lefties get to face him.

Edited by LookitsPuck
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, vab said:

We do have a just a couple of pitching injuries. Just a couple. 

Everybody has pitching injuries. Which ones surprise you? Of course when you lose a guy like Bradish, your starting pitching will regress. But the Orioles had nobody, unless you want to count Povich, in the system to step in, even at a lower level. 

I just want to say Melanie Newman is the worst radio play-by-play announcer I've heard in life. Some announcers can paint a picture of what's happening on the field like Joe Angel and Jon Miller.

Newman just tells you the end result of each play and where the runners ended up. I have no idea what happened on the Cleveland triple in the top of the 8th.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Hey look, another meaningless solo home run from Santander. If there were two guys on2nd and 3rd with no outs he'd pop up.

Santander in high leverage situations this year: .188/.268/.396/.664.

Santander is tie games: .177/.279/.338/.617

Yes, those are cherry picked... But I'm not happy with Santander popping out earlier when we needed him vs his useless stat padding solo home run in the 8th.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I just want to say Melanie Newman is the worst radio play-by-play announcer I've heard in life. Some announcers can paint a picture of what's happening on the field like Joe Angel and Jon Miller.

Newman just tells you the end result of each play and where the runners ended up. I have no idea what happened on the Cleveland triple in the top of the 8th.

Breaking news here...

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

This is the issue with O’Hearn. Excellent platoon player. You start him against righties. But he’s an offensive hole in the late game when lefties have to face him.

I like O'Hearn and what he's done the past couple years, but he's been completely inept against southpaws. Is replacing him with Mayo the worst idea next year?  You can only do so many platoon match in the age of 13 man pitching staffs.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It is infuriating. If I hear her made up "sky ball" one more time without knowing whether it's a foul ball, popup to the infield, or long flyball to the outfield which we never know until the end, and usually by the crowd reaction.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Painful… I just watch gameday.

• Upvote 1