Wednesday 7/10 Cubs vs. Orioles

86this

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Cowser is completely scuffling. It's getting hard to keep playing him right now depite what his statcast numbers say. Let Mullins and Mateo split CF and let Cowser reset himself at Norfolk for a few weeks.

Mullins didn’t play today because he can’t hit lefties anymore.  Mateo hasn’t exactly been lighting it up.  Keep giving Cowser ABs and hope for the best. 

1 minute ago, Dunk35 said:

This team is less fun than last years version. I blame Elias. Fix this mess man!

The change in hitting approach is the biggest thing. It wasn’t swing for the fences last year and more of passing the baton. I know I know all of the metrics say we are better right now than last year. But this reminds me a lot of the 2014/2016 teams and we know how that ended. It isn’t a formula for going deep in the playoffs and it lends itself to losing streaks.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Cowser is completely scuffling. It's getting hard to keep playing him right now depite what his statcast numbers say. Let Mullins and Mateo split CF and let Cowser reset himself at Norfolk for a few weeks.

Mateo or Urias, one of them has to go to make room for another bat.

At this point I think Cowser remains on the team because he is Gunnar and Adley's BFF. He and his comic personality could use an ego check. Im sure he is very serious and hard worker but the jokes arent funny when you suck. 

1 minute ago, oriolediehard said:

I want us to stay there!  Maybe I am overreacting, but I hate to lose.  He can always make the team better!  

Deep breaths, don't you want to save some of your lifespan for the Giants season? They are likely to make us more crazy than the O's. Elias will make moves by the end of the month and this team will go to the playoffs and all bets are off there.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Unfortunately for Cowser - he plays in a league that has left-handed pitchers and to be successful and keep your job,  you need to hit left-handed pitchers once in a while. 

52 minutes ago, Malike said:

Oh, the team in 1st place with one of the best records in baseball? Sounds like he's delivered.

There's been a dropoff from last year. People can see it and hence the complaints.

Plus, the team is in first place right now only because the NYY had a horrible month. The goal is to be in first place by the end of 162.

When you're playing a sub .500 team with your ace on the mound at home.... gotta win those games.

It's obviously not the end of the world, and this is baseball, but oof... those games are hard to stomach. It's amazing to me how there are occasional parallels between how we feel about bad losses in 100 win seasons as well as 55 win seasons.