Roch Article-Wieters

Ripken23

Of course you won't...The Orioles do no wrong in your eyes.

Sports Guy, where differing opinions go to die.

Get off your high horse. The man has a differing viewpoint. He's entitled to it and you, as usual, come off like a narcissistic jerk with posts like this that attack and demean those that don't share your outlook on the Orioles.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I saw that 12 first-round picks remained unsigned, including five of the top 10. I wonder how many first-rounders usually fail to sign (or signed right before the previous deadline)? It doesn't look like the Orioles are alone here.

Who cares?????

Why do people always bring this stuff up? Whop in the hell cares if some other team is struggling to get their pick signed...IT IS MEANINGLESS!!!

All that matters is that the ORIOLES get theirs signed.

Sports Guy, where differing opinions go to die.

Get off your high horse. The man has a differing viewpoint. He's entitled to it and you, as usual, come off like a narcissistic jerk with posts like this that attack and demean those that don't share your outlook on the Orioles.

So, what former poster are you that was to cheap to spend $20 to upgrade your account??

So, what former poster are you that was to cheap to spend $20 to upgrade your account??

Once again, you attack the messenger and not the message. My point stands. For whatever reason, you have an astonishing inability to realize that your opinion is not the only one nor do you always have the correct answer. You are a wealth of good information but, IMO, you would be much easier to take if you didn't constantly demean and berate those that don't agree with every one of your multitudinous opinions.

For the record, I hope we sign Weiters but I also hope that we don't give Boras a blank check to accomplish the goal.

Once again, you attack the messenger and not the message. My point stands. For whatever reason, you have an astonishing inability to realize that your opinion is not the only one nor do you always have the correct answer. You are a wealth of good information but, IMO, you would be much easier to take if you didn't constantly demean and berate those that don't agree with every one of your multitudinous opinions.

For the record, I hope we sign Weiters but I also hope that we don't give Boras a blank check to accomplish the goal.

I could care less about his opinion being different from mine or not...The bottom line is he defends the Orioles about everything they do, which is what i was saying.

We could trade Bedard for a case of baseballs and he would find some reason to agree with it.

So, which former poster are you?

Who cares?????

Why do people always bring this stuff up? Whop in the hell cares if some other team is struggling to get their pick signed...IT IS MEANINGLESS!!!

It matters right now because the Orioles haven't lost Weiters yet. It doesn't matter if they sign him today, last week, or at 11:58 on Wednesday, as long as they sign him.

Until they actually lose him, this is all just speculation and us reacting to how it will be if we fail to sign him. If they do sign him, then this entire thread is moot.

It matters right now because the Orioles haven't lost Weiters yet. It doesn't matter if they sign him today, last week, or at 11:58 on Wednesday, as long as they sign him.

Until they actually lose him, this is all just speculation and us reacting to how it will be if we fail to sign him. If they do sign him, then this entire thread is moot.

Actually, I read that EVERYTHING must be completed by deadline, meaning physicals included. So if he signs at 11:58, that better be a quick physical. This thing needs to get done early Wed at latest in order to have time take care of the details and leave room for error.

The fact that others teams haven't signed their guys doesn't mean anything.

Fact is- the Orioles are being strongarmed to pay a 6th pick as if he were a once in a lifetime NUMBER ONE pick. It's not right....

We'll see what happens.. but I won't blame MacPhail if he doesn't get on his knees and cough for ths scumbag agent... or his client

Only reason he fell is because he, represented by Boras, would be a hard signing. Everyone knew it. It would cost top dollar and had the risk of being a wasted pick. There were plenty of good picks a #6. To draft Wieters meant you were going to pay the ransom. We proposed to this "scumbag". We invited him into our circus. What exactly did we expect? Personally, I'll be MacLivid if we MacPhail to sign him.

The fact that others teams haven't signed their guys doesn't mean anything.
That wasn't my point, my point was that it doesn't matter that we haven't signed Weiters yet. That won't be evidence of any FO shortcomings until 12:01 Thursday morning, when it will immediately become evident that Andy MacPhail isn't fit to change himself in the morning yet alone run a baseball team (if Weiters is unsigned).

Who cares?????

Dude, settle down. Believe it or not, not every conversation revolves around what you think.

A bunch of teams have yet to sign their picks with just a couple of days left before the deadline. None of us know how these new rules are going to affect things. Maybe the top picks will all sign at 11:55 or maybe teams will happily take an extra pick next year.

If half of the Top 10 picks in the draft fail to sign, that is far from meaningless. It would represent something of a drastic change in the way MLB does business.

Just to be clear, I'll blame MacPhail completely if this doesn't get done. And if Jordan goes, I'm unlikely to watch another game all year.

That said, I won't play the game where I condemn a man before there's ANY evidence that he's guilty of ANYTHING.

Archived