Miami and FSU re-emerging?

mweb

Looks like they may be on their way back!

They played each other in a great game which Miami pulled out, Miami hammered GT Thursday, and now FSU goes to #7 BYU and destroys them.

This could be very good news for ACC football. I guess not so much for the other schools in the ACC, but in terms of becoming a more respected conference.

I was extremely impressed by Miami LAST season when they played the Gators. They were young and fast - which is one way to build a successful team.

I went to the UF/FSU game last year in Tally and came away very unimpressed with Ponder and the rest of the team, except for Gano, who ended up flunking out of Raven's preseason anyway.

I agree that it's great to have these traditional teams back. College football is better when some of these classic teams are strong.

The better discussion that could come out of this now is.... Is Florida the best state for college football in the nation? Miami, UF, FSU, USF?

EDIT::: Maybe Texas upon closer look - Houston, Texas, Tech, TCU?

The better discussion that could come out of this now is.... Is Florida the best state for college football in the nation? Miami, UF, FSU, USF?

EDIT::: Maybe Texas upon closer look - Houston, Texas, Tech, TCU?

California?

USC, Cal, UCLA, Stanford, Fresno State

Miami vs. Virginia Tech this week will be a war. I know there are alot of VT fans on board here...so Ill be nice. The Canes have the greatest respect for the Hokies especially in Blacksburg where they are next to impossible to beat. But I feel if Miami can stretch the field like they have done the first two weeks they will have a distinct advantage over VT.

of course, VT comes off a huge, thrilling win tonight over Nebraska so the Hokies will be sky high.The winner of this game will most likely go to the ACC Championship game...assuming they stay solid for the rest of the year.

Miami at 2-0 having beaten FSU and Ga. Tech, is in their best shape to start a season in years...but its a long season and we will have to see whats in store.

VT has looked like garbage on offense, Miami's O has looked like the Canes of yore. Tech has had a knack of staying in games based on tenaciousness on D and solid special teams work. If Miami stays away from turnovers on Sat, I say we roll, which is hard to do in Blacksburg.

Looks like they may be on their way back!

They played each other in a great game which Miami pulled out, Miami hammered GT Thursday, and now FSU goes to #7 BYU and destroys them.

This could be very good news for ACC football. I guess not so much for the other schools in the ACC, but in terms of becoming a more respected conference.

I hope so... I spend a lot of time in SoFla subjected to ACC football as games of the week. I wouldn't mind if the product quality improved substantially. I'm looking forward to seeing how UM matches up against a tough OOC opponent in a couple of weeks.

I hope so... I spend a lot of time in SoFla subjected to ACC football as games of the week. I wouldn't mind if the product quality improved substantially. I'm looking forward to seeing how UM matches up against a tough OOC opponent in a couple of weeks.

So you hope your Big East is firmly in last place among the major conferences.;)

So you hope your Big East is firmly in last place among the major conferences.;)

The Big East is off to a pretty good start in OOC games... I'm confident they won't finish in last place among the major conferences. Although I am very disappointed that Grothe's career ended. I would have been predicting USF to go into Doak Campbell and walk out with a win if he was playing.

This is a strange year in which I don't think the ACC will be the worst and I don't think the SEC will be the best.

I think the SEC will be by far the best. It's just not close, IMO.

I wasn't overly impressed with what I've seen from LSU or Georgia. I'm not convinced that Ole Miss is for real either. But if I'm wrong about those three then it does have a chance of ending up as the best conference again.

I looked at UFs schedule the other day and was shocked at how soft their schedule appeared this year.

I wasn't overly impressed with what I've seen from LSU or Georgia. I'm not convinced that Ole Miss is for real either. But if I'm wrong about those three then it does have a chance of ending up as the best conference again.

I looked at UFs schedule the other day and was shocked at how soft their schedule appeared this year.

I agree with most of this, but SEC clearly has the two best teams in the country right now, IMO. I just don't see who else could be in the conversation, Pac-10?

Archived