MD-VT Game delayed, to start at 6:30

VThokies

Sooo happy that we were able to pull this one out. We tried to throw it away a few times with some less than intelligent plays, but were able to hold on. That's what great teams do... they can make some mistakes and still win.

I also hate that "USA" cheer. I know that some will disagree, but I think it's down right racist. Especially when VT recently had A.D. Vasallo who is also Venezuelan!! If the student's are going to say something that stupid, at least try not to insult your own former players. I'm totally fine with the "you suck" and "f you", and all that kinda stuff. But when you start getting borderline racist, a line has to be drawn.

I'm most exicted about this win because it sets up an INSANELY EPIC Duke game. They're giving out gold shirts to all the students. I'll be at Comcast at 3:30 pm on Tuesday... LET'S GOOOO

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So with Wake losing today the Terps clinch at least the #2 seed in the ACC Tourney' date=' correct?[/quote']

Yes, I think so. If the Terps lose out and FSU wins out, they would have the same record, but we beat them twice... I'm assuming that we would hold the tiebreaker but I don't know for sure what it is.

Sooo happy that we were able to pull this one out. We tried to throw it away a few times with some less than intelligent plays, but were able to hold on. That's what great teams do... they can make some mistakes and still win.

I also hate that "USA" cheer. I know that some will disagree, but I think it's down right racist. Especially when VT recently had A.D. Vasallo who is also Venezuelan!! If the student's are going to say something that stupid, at least try not to insult your own former players. I'm totally fine with the "you suck" and "f you", and all that kinda stuff. But when you start getting borderline racist, a line has to be drawn.

I'm most exicted about this win because it sets up an INSANELY EPIC Duke game. They're giving out gold shirts to all the students. I'll be at Comcast at 3:30 pm on Tuesday... LET'S GOOOO

While I admit it is just a direct attempt to get into Vasquez's head, and in this case had absolutely nothing to do with national pride, I think calling it racist is a bit too strong.

Good God, I am so glad I picked this year to buy tickets to the Duke@UMD game. I am so pumped for this game that it is not even funny. Costed me about 90 bucks a ticket but it is gonna be so worth it. This game is shaping up to be one of the biggest Duke/UMD games in recent history. LETS GO GARY!

Yes, I think so. If the Terps lose out and FSU wins out, they would have the same record, but we beat them twice... I'm assuming that we would hold the tiebreaker but I don't know for sure what it is.

Exactly correct, the Terps will be no less than the 2 seed in the Acc Tourney.

Wednesday can not get here soon enough. I imagine the Terps will be working on Dukes over play defense, and expect to see more back door cuts. Let's go Terps. We have not had that signature win against a top 5 team YET. Wednesday is going to be fun.

Great win by MD.

I have said all year that I thought Duke would run away with the ACC regular season title(which doesn't mean anything because the ACC conference tourney winner is how the "title" of ACC champ which is crazy to me)...I said this because I didn't think any other team would go 12-4 or better...Well, MD is that team...No one else is close to them right now for second place.

I saw MD winning 10 conference games this year...Looking at the schedule, I didn't think at FSU and at VT would be wins...And then I didn't think they would win all 3 games in 5 days last week.

So, while the ACC is down, its still an impressive run for the Terps and I do expect them to beat Duke this week to give them that true marquee win.

BTW, Vazquez and Gary suck! Get rid of them.

Great win by MD.

I have said all year that I thought Duke would run away with the ACC regular season title(which doesn't mean anything because the ACC conference tourney winner is how the "title" of ACC champ which is crazy to me)...I said this because I didn't think any other team would go 12-4 or better...Well, MD is that team...No one else is close to them right now for second place.

I saw MD winning 10 conference games this year...Looking at the schedule, I didn't think at FSU and at VT would be wins...And then I didn't think they would win all 3 games in 5 days last week.

So, while the ACC is down, its still an impressive run for the Terps and I do expect them to beat Duke this week to give them that true marquee win.

BTW, Vazquez and Gary suck! Get rid of them.

Wow. Never thought you would say that.

Great freaking game. Vasquez has just become a monster this year.

VT definitely deserves an NCAA bid.

Negative ghost-rider.

Tech is not a definite.

Tech has had a good year. They have 21 wins which is nice... BUT, they are currently riding a 3 game losing-streak. They have two tough games coming up. They must win AT LEAST one, and get AT LEAST one tourney victory (depending on their last 2 regular games). They only have 8 conference wins right now... and if they burn-out and loose-out they will be down-and-out. No way will the committee pick a team with a .500 conference record and (what would be) a 6 game losing streak... especially considering the ACC is not exactly stacked with top 25 teams this year (AND, don't forget, there's always the nightmare case where bids are taken when ranked or very good mid-majors are unable to secure the automatic bids in their respective conferences).

This is rarified air for Hookie fans, I understand... what, with 1 NCAA tournament appearance since the 1995-96 season. It's not like the committee is going to lulled into a trance like they would for an 8-8 Duke or UNC squad.

Tech is playing itself right on the bubble, right now. Still a lot of ball to be played... and if they don't play it right, they'll find their bubble has burst.

Wow. Never thought you would say that.

Why? A lot of seasons I expect MD to beat Duke at home...plus, I have been saying for a while now that I think MD will beat Duke at home.

MD isn't better than Duke but at home and on senior night, I expect them to win.

The question is, will MD tire down the stretch? Will Vazquez be too pumped?

Rebounding, rebounding, rebounding.

Its the magic number when problems go away.

Then part of me says you have a problem with me. But whatever man. The comments about the announcers was just vented frustration *even if it didnt make a lot of sense, I get that.* I'm real happy the Terps won because my co workers are from/are MD fans. I know I shouldnt have typed a post about the announcers and I'm ashamed about it. But get over it. I have.

I'm willing to bet you've never so much as seen the campus. Sometimes you really show your age. I'm going to give you a pass here because you're young, but I must say that I find your outspoken take on lots of subjects where I can tell you're just regurgitating what you've read/been told to be quite the character flaw...

Sometimes your posts are so confusing I feel like I am reading Ayn Rand.

I understood his post. I didn't understand yours. How is Blacksburg "small time" because a water main broke? There have been huge water main breaks in Baltimore very recently -- is that "small time"?

Maybe it's because this one was caused by a beer truck backing over a fire hydrant? :new_beer::noidea:

You have to admit though, whether it's "small time" or not, it's kind of funny...it's the sort of scene I'd expect to see in some lame beer commercial.

Archived