• 5.9k views
    • 33 replies
    • 4.1k views
  2. Hoes and Avery 1 2

• 29 replies
    • 3.5k views
    • 83 replies
    • 9.4k views
    • Yea but for a piece that helps now.  I don’t think I trade him for a prospect package unless it’s some kind of high end pitching prospect that should be ML ready at some point this year or especially next year. That said, I don’t think that pitcher will be available for Santander, so getting something that helps now for him is something we absolutely should be looking to do. I would rather see Hays get back here, show he’s healthy and start performing and then move him though.  Santander has some leadership stuff you like.  
    • His statcast numbers are trending well. Only thing that’s surprising so far is that he’s not walking a lot.  
    • That new routine includes getting himself warmed up differently and more quickly than as as a starter. These nuances are why no one can assume a starter can just become a great reliever and automatically get a bump in velocity.  We also don't know how quickly he can rebound to be able to pitch again. Now, he hadn't pitched in a week yesterday so he should been fresh, so perhaps the new warmup routine did not see him fully warmed up. Or maybe a lack of adrenaline pitching late in a 6-0 game was why we saw about a MPH difference in his velocities? Suarez didn't miss many bats and actually missed none with his fastball. His fastball has typically gotten a lot of whiff.  The good news is he didn't allow any hits or walks, and needed only 24 pitches to get through 2.1 innings.   
    • Link for this so I can see the comments on their side.