Assuming we use a draft pick to get Jimenez or Santana, shall we go ahead and get Morales?

Frobby

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't want to give up a no. 1 pick for Morales, but if our no. 1 was burned anyway, I'd consider giving up a no. 2 pick to get him. Thoughts?

After careful consideration, and calculating the odds and probabilities, and taking into account numerous variables and contingencies, and weighing the various possibilities, my answer is

YES!!!

Another nice thing about signing Morales is that it'll help keep Chris Davis fresh. Though Morales is primarily a DH, he played 1st 31 times last year, 28 the year before. So maybe 20 times per year we flip him with Davis. (Between adding him to the lineup, Jimenez to the starting pitching, and Yoon to the bullpen, we'd go from having a chance of making the playoffs to about even with Boston.)

I hope the Orioles don't sign morales. I don't think he's that good. I'd rather take a chance with Henry as full-time DH.

:scratchchinhmm:

I'm honestly pretty torn. If indeed PA allocates the funds needed and Morales is brought in, I imagine I'll be pretty excited.

However, at this moment, a Young/Urrutia platoon doesn't sound too bad.

That being said, Morales would probably be better than that platoon pairing.

At the same time, I'm not too keen on the O's not having a pick until somewhere around #95. (I believe I saw Stotle speculate on that beings the approximate draft position if the O's lost their first and second round pick) And, I'm curious to see if Urrutia can take the next step.

AHHRRRGGGHHH!! Just tell me when it's over!!

:D

I hope the Orioles don't sign morales. I don't think he's that good. I'd rather take a chance with Henry as full-time DH.

If he is healthy he is certainly good. Career OPS+ of 120. If he signs with the O's I would expect .285 ba 30 doubles, 30 home runs and 90 RBI's.

I'm honestly pretty torn. If indeed PA allocates the funds needed and Morales is brought in, I imagine I'll be pretty excited.

However, at this moment, a Young/Urrutia platoon doesn't sound too bad.

That being said, Morales would probably be better than that platoon pairing.

At the same time, I'm not too keen on the O's not having a pick until somewhere around #95. (I believe I saw Stotle speculate on that beings the approximate draft position if the O's lost their first and second round pick) And, I'm curious to see if Urrutia can take the next step.

AHHRRRGGGHHH!! Just tell me when it's over!!

:D

Huh?!

10375__bunk_l.jpg

What makes you come to that conclusion? He hit .277 last year with 23HR and 80RBI playing half his games in pitcher heaven Safeco. If we had that at DH last year we would have been a playoff team. The guy switch hits and hits for both average and power while driving in runs. Throw him behind Jones and Davis and you're talking about a difference maker.

What makes you come to that conclusion? He hit .277 last year with 23HR and 80RBI playing half his games in pitcher heaven Safeco. If we had that at DH last year we would have been a playoff team. The guy switch hits and hits for both average and power while driving in runs. Throw him behind Jones and Davis and you're talking about a difference maker.

Fangraphs says that contribution was worth 1.2 WAR. What multiplier do we use to have that get us to the playoffs?

Archived