Mandatory metal detectors at Camden Yards

crowmst3k!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most of the people who drive cars are properly trained, and yet think of the problems we have with these trained people DUI. Imagine the problem of all these well trained people carrying guns. I think I would rather live in England.

Your only worry in England is getting stabbed to death, its the weapon of choice and equally as deadly. England is the most violent country in Europe, but they don't have high gun crime!

I just don't understand the point.

If someone wants to kill a bunch of people at a game, why wouldn't they shoot them all while they are in line before they even enter the stadium. They'd be sitting ducks trying to get through the turnstiles.

Inconveniencing everyone and further conditioning people to be ok witn giving up civil liberties is not enough to justify what they are doing here.

Again, it only makes you safer inside the stadium which really isn't any safer at all quite frankly.

Maybe they are trying to shoot a player?

Your only worry in England is getting stabbed to death, its the weapon of choice and equally as deadly. England is the most violent country in Europe, but they don't have high gun crime!
Are you saying more people die from being stabbed to death in England than die by gunshot in the US?

Not sure where you are getting your stats from, or is the Guardian misrepping the news.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/apr/24/crime-rate-england-wales-falls-lowest-level-33-years

England may or may not be the most violent country in Europe but the most deaths from gunshot wounds occur in Switzerland of all places. 37.6 per 100,000 as compared to .25 per 100K in England and 10. 3 per 100K in the US. The worst country in 2011 was Venezuela at 50.3 100K.

concealed carried is allowed and I dont have a problem with licensed authorized guys doing such.

Personally, I think open carry is more a deterrent to crime, then concealed carry. But, just my own opinion.

Just saying, there is absolutely zero statistical evidence to back that claim up.

Not sure where you are getting your stats from, or is the Guardian misrepping the news.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/apr/24/crime-rate-england-wales-falls-lowest-level-33-years

In 2013, I haven't seen the 2014 numbers yet, Britain had a voilence rate of 2,034 per 100k people. The US had a rate of 466 per 100K people. I learned that during a seminar last year and wrote it down. I'm talking voilent crimes, not just homicide.

Are you saying more people die from being stabbed to death in England than die by gunshot in the US?

Certainly not, there are a lot more people here. They do have a higher incident rate of violent crime per 100k people than we do.

Certainly not, there are a lot more people here. They do have a higher incident rate of violent crime per 100k people than we do.
Well we need to define violent crime, would that include verbal abuse, because the English certainly can be cruel with words, and we need to compare death by knifing per 100K in England, and death by gunshot per 100K in the US.

Archived