Nelson Cruz Officially Declines Orioles Qualifying Offer (and 3 yr deal?)

Slade-OH

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a lot of people seem to forget is that Cruz was on pace for around a 40 homer season if he didn't get his suspension in 2013. It wasn't THAT much of an aberration. He had 27 homers and 76 rbi is only 109 games.

And apparently had help doing so. I'll take him back at the right price. But won't lose sleep if he's not. He can hold out all he wants. Im just glad we have a GM that won't be held hostage and will move on and improve when he can. Nelson forced himself into a 1 year deal last year. A you said, he was on a 40 HR pace lazt year and couldn't get a longterm deal. Whats changed other then he's a year older?

And apparently had help doing so. I'll take him back at the right price. But won't lose sleep if he's not. He can hold out all he wants. Im just glad we have a GM that won't be held hostage and will move on and improve when he can. Nelson forced himself into a 1 year deal last year. A you said, he was on a 40 HR pace lazt year and couldn't get a longterm deal. Whats changed other then he's a year older?

The news broke prior to 2013 about the PED's.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a>’ Showalter on “Hot Stove” talking about re-signing Cruz: “I’m a little more confident than I was at the end of the season.”</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">November 14, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a>’ Showalter on “Hot Stove” talking about re-signing Cruz: “I’m a little more confident than I was at the end of the season.”</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="
">November 14, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing. How many of us (me included) thought Cruz was a horrible signing between him and Morales (not the 1 year deal, I mean between the two players). Let's hope we get him on a 3 year or 4 year at the most.

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing. How many of us (me included) thought Cruz was a horrible signing between him and Morales (not the 1 year deal, I mean between the two players). Let's hope we get him on a 3 year or 4 year at the most.

I was a Morales guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buck was on Hot Stove and Rosenthal asked about where the team was on the Markakis and Cruz issues. He avoided talking about Markakis, but said he was more confident about resigning Cruz than he was before the meetings. They have been talking on the phone and are planning on doing lunch in Texas soon.

Archived