A Year Ago...

DrinkinWithFermi

...All of the talk around these parts was no-closer-this, no-leadoff-hitter-that, and no-TOR-SP-the-other-thing. Also, I seem to recall something about being "DOOOOOOOMED" because the Yankees had just spent eleventy-million dollars in free agency(again).

The end result?

We completed our third straight winning season, won the AL East outright and reached the ALCS for the first time since the Clinton Administration was just starting its second term. And going out and spending big money on that magical, mythical(and supposedly necessary) "TOR SP" didn't even really factor into that outcome. In fact, we may have actually done better had we not signed him at all and just gone with Gausman right out of the gate.

Point is, we still have a very good team, a very good GM(:hearts:), a very good, borderline HOF manager(:hearts:), and over 3 months left(:cussing: :vader: :angryfire: etc.) until that glorious first pitch is thrown(:hearts:). So let's maybe tone down the negative rhetoric just a bit for the time being. Improvements will be made and holes will be filled; we may just have to wait another month or two, that's all. Let's maybe take a collective deep breath and behave like patient, rational adults in the meantime, okay? ;)

Oh, and go O's! Duh. :2yay-thumb:

...All of the talk around these parts was no-closer-this, no-leadoff-hitter-that, and no-TOR-SP-the-other-thing. Also, I seem to recall something about being "DOOOOOOOMED" because the Yankees had just spent eleventy-million dollars in free agency(again).

The end result?

We completed our third straight winning season, won the AL East outright and reached the ALCS for the first time since the Clinton Administration was just starting its second term. And going out and spending big money on that magical, mythical(and supposedly necessary) "TOR SP" didn't even really factor into that outcome. In fact, we may have actually done better had we not signed him at all and just gone with Gausman right out of the gate.

Point is, we still have a very good team, a very good GM(:hearts:), a very good, borderline HOF manager(:hearts:), and over 3 months left(:cussing: :vader: :angryfire: etc.) until that glorious first pitch is thrown(:hearts:). So let's maybe tone down the negative rhetoric just a bit for the time being. Improvements will be made and holes will be filled; we may just have to wait another month or two, that's all. Let's maybe take a collective deep breath and behave like patient, rational adults in the meantime, okay? ;)

Oh, and go O's! Duh. :2yay-thumb:

I don't know if I oughta go sailin' down no hill with nothin' between the ground and my brains but a piece of government plastic.

Archived