Underrated moves from the last year

Frobby

1. David Lough for Danny Valencia. Lough produced 1.6 rWAR to Valencia's 0.3. He's under team control for the next five years.

2. Nick Hundley for Troy Patton. Hundley was a credible 2nd catcher, while Patton threw 7.2 innings for the Padres.

3. Alejandro De Aza for Mark Blackmar and Miguel Chalas. De Aza produced an .885 OPS in September and provides a decent OF option for 2015.

These are the kind of moves Duquette makes that don't seem like much, but add up.

Trading Jim Johnson...or are we not counting that as underrated?

Moves Luke those described here are why I wonder why there have not been more trades made. DD seems to be so good at dealing from strength. I kind of wonder if the Orioles are dealing with a "it's lonely at the top" kind of thing where teams are just reticent to deal with them. I don't feel like that happens in baseball but maybe it does.

Trading Jim Johnson...or are we not counting that as underrated?

Moves Luke those described here are why I wonder why there have not been more trades made. DD seems to be so good at dealing from strength. I kind of wonder if the Orioles are dealing with a "it's lonely at the top" kind of thing where teams are just reticent to deal with them. I don't feel like that happens in baseball but maybe it does.

Dan, you taught me everything I know about exterior illumination.

1. David Lough for Danny Valencia. Lough produced 1.6 rWAR to Valencia's 0.3. He's under team control for the next five years.

2. Nick Hundley for Troy Patton. Hundley was a credible 2nd catcher, while Patton threw 7.2 innings for the Padres.

3. Alejandro De Aza for Mark Blackmar and Miguel Chalas. De Aza produced an .885 OPS in September and provides a decent OF option for 2015.

4. Replacing Rick Adair with Dave Wallace (fearthenoodle)

5. Brad Brach for Devin Jones (wildcard)

6. Signing Delmon Young for $750k (Frobby)

7. Jemile Weeks and David Freitas for Jim Johnson (Camden_yardbird)

8. Purchasing Jimmy Paredes from the Royals (55 PA, 129 OPS+)

9. Resigning Steve Pearce after gambling on releasing him two days earlier

10. Signing Ryan Webb 2 yr, $4.5 mil (seriously, he had a fairly good year)

11. Timing the Cruz signing to improve draft position

12. Failing Grant Balfour's physical

Archived