It is time for bold moves

Diehard_O's_Fan

It is time for bold moves and it is time for Dan and Buck to send the players a message. The Orioles need to release or trade Lough, Synder and Matusz. The Orioles have lots of bullpen and outfield options. It is time to use them. Next man up! There is no excuse for the Orioles to fall any further below 500 than they already are. The Orioles have a good team filled with lots of depth.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is time for bold moves and it is time for Dan and Buck to send the players a message. The Orioles need to release or trade Lough' date=' Synder and Matusz. The Orioles have lots of bullpen and outfield options. It is time to use them. Next man up! There is no excuse for the Orioles to fall any further below 500 than they already are. The Orioles have a good team filled with lots of depth.[/quote']

On the contrary we have very little depth. Have you looked at our lineup lately? Or the bullpen?

It is time for bold moves and it is time for Dan and Buck to send the players a message. The Orioles need to release or trade Lough' date=' Synder and Matusz. The Orioles have lots of bullpen and outfield options. It is time to use them. Next man up! There is no excuse for the Orioles to fall any further below 500 than they already are. The Orioles have a good team filled with lots of depth.[/quote']

We have some depth in the bullpen, that's true. Cesar Cabral has yet to allow an earned run this season, and his K/BB numbers are outstanding. I'd be fine with cutting Matusz as soon as possible and giving Cabral a shot. Mychal Givens and Ben Rowen may also become options soon.

I don't see depth in the outfield. Reimold has 2 HR in Norfolk. Dariel Alvarez is struggling. Urrutia is coming around, I guess. Still there's nobody down at Norfolk or Bowie whose performance inspires much confidence.

By "bold," I guess you mean punitive. Kind of like an angry father stomping his feet and yelling at the kids, maybe even threatening to beat them if they continue to be bad.

I'm not sure this approach will work.

David Lough adds absolutely nothing to the team and Travis Snyder has been a huge disappointment. I know guys in Norfolk such as Reimold and Alvarez could offer a lot more to the team than those guys. I wish we could send Tillman a message by having him go to Norfolk. He has been absolutely horrible.

I would also be willing to send Chris Davis to right field if it were to help the offense. Steve Pearce or Parmlee could play first base.

How is Davis in right and Pearce at first going to help the offense when you can just play Davis at first the Pearce in right?

I don't get why people are so upset about Snider here. He's pretty much playing how you'd expect given his career. Low 7000 OPS with average defense. Heck, he has a higher rWAR than Markakis this year and I doubt people would be calling for Markakis to be cut at this point.

Some bold moves might be:

-tank the season and trade Chen for an MLB ready prospect.l

-trade Ubaldo while his value is high

-extend Tillman and Norris while their price is low

-trade Bundy and Snider for Justin Upton and go all-in

Not saying these are good moves, but they would be bold.

No its time for these guys to put up or shut up. If you want to make truly bold moves the time to do that is in the offseason. Bold trades in season generally end up making bold look like a synonym for stupid.

Trading young talent to supplement an underachieving team is not a smart move. Hell moving young talent to supplement a good overachieving team is controversial enough as evidenced by the Rodriguez trade last year.

If the team with the players in the system we have is still scuffling like this in a 5-6 weeks then sell anything that can be moved for anything of value. Until then we have to ride the wave and hope for the best.

No its time for these guys to put up or shut up. If you want to make truly bold moves the time to do that is in the offseason. Bold trades in season generally end up making bold look like a synonym for stupid.

Trading young talent to supplement an underachieving team is not a smart move. Hell moving young talent to supplement a good overachieving team is controversial enough as evidenced by the Rodriguez trade last year.

If the team with the players in the system we have is still scuffling like this in a 5-6 weeks then sell anything that can be moved for anything of value. Until then we have to ride the wave and hope for the best.

I think at this point we should be considering what guys to move for prospects over what moves to make to bolster the team. Trading for guys to add to a team thats 6 games under .500 at this point doesn't seem like the wisest move. Maybe if we've turn a corner and gone back over .500 by July we should consider making moves to add players but thats about it. Sometimes you gotta realize it just might not be your year and shouldn't give up quality prospects in foolish hope.

Archived