Orioles trade Davies for Parra. Your verdict?

PaulFolk

Do you like the Davies for Parra trade?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Davies for Parra trade?

• I approve. A small price to pay to fix the O's OF hole with a quality veteran.
    • I disapprove. The O's gave up up a pitching prospect for a rental who won't move the needle.

This poll is closed to new votes

He may end up getting lit up and then never heard from again. But it's clear that he was viewed as a just add water ready piece to add to a major league rotation, and the fact that we traded him for a rental who wasn't going to make a difference, is just a horrible of limited resources. Trade all of our prospects for all I care, but not for these kinds of returns.

He may end up getting lit up and then never heard from again. But it's clear that he was viewed as a just add water ready piece to add to a major league rotation' date=' and the fact that we traded him for a rental who wasn't going to make a difference, is just a horrible of limited resources. Trade all of our prospects for all I care, but not for these kinds of returns.[/quote']

He'll probably do well. I expect he will. Like Waters did. Like EdRod did. Like Wright did. Like Wilson did. He has several pitches that he can throw for strikes.

By the way Josh Hader also now with the Brewers is wrapping up a fine AA season at the age of 21

IP: 99

K: 113

H: 89

Avg: .224

WHIP: 1.17

He'll be in AAA for his age 22 season, possibly making it to the Brewers rotation in 2016

Could the O's use a ML ready 22 year old left handed starting pitcher?

By the way Josh Hader also now with the Brewers is wrapping up a fine AA season at the age of 21

He'll be in AAA for his age 22 season, possibly making it to the Brewers rotation in 2016

He's going to need a LOT more innings next year to be considered a starter in 2016. I thought the consensus among scouts was that he was going to be a reliever?

He's going to need a LOT more innings next year to be considered a starter in 2016. I thought the consensus among scouts was that he was going to be a reliever?

Hmm, Kevin Gausman is at 102 innings total for 2015

The last thing I saw from a scout was favorably comparing Josh Hader to a young Chris Sale

I imagine Hader will be pitching in the AFL and will probably end up with 120 IP's

Hmm, Kevin Gausman is at 102 innings total for 2015

The last thing I saw from a scout was favorably comparing Josh Hader to a young Chris Sale

I imagine Hader will be pitching in the AFL and will probably end up with 120 IP's

Once again, when trying to project innings caps you go from the highest number a pitcher has had, not the number in the most recent season.

He may end up getting lit up and then never heard from again. But it's clear that he was viewed as a just add water ready piece to add to a major league rotation' date=' and the fact that we traded him for a rental who wasn't going to make a difference, is just a horrible of limited resources. Trade all of our prospects for all I care, but not for these kinds of returns.[/quote']

I do agree. We were too far out of it and Parra was not enough of a difference maker. I like Parra but Davies was too high of a price.

So what is your point?

He will have 120 innings in 2015, which should allow 150 for 2016 plenty enough to be a #5/spot starter/long relief guy for the Brewers

Pretty much the same number of innings at the same age that Kevin Gausman pitched for the O's

My point is that Gausman's 2015 inning total is irrelevant, unless he eclipsed his 2014 total.

This was about Davies and Parra. That was a while ago that someone said that Hader "looked" like Young Sale, not that he compared. Please keep thread on topic. And not attempt to turn them inflammatory when the OP did not have that intent. Make your own Hader thread or search for one. There are many.