vs. TWINS, 8/21

OFFNY

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A team that loses 5 of 7 (being optimistic) to this Twins team has no business being anywhere near October. It's better to accept that and stop having any illusions about this season. Then if they somehow turn it around, it becomes a pleasant surprise.

The way the 2012 team found ways to win, it seems this team finds way to lose.

If those were lucky breaks for an overachieving team, they're just paying the piper by getting none of the big breaks this year. Just evening things out over a large sample size. And it blows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A team that loses 5 of 7 (being optimistic) to this Twins team has no business being anywhere near October. It's better to accept that and stop having any illusions about this season. Then if they somehow turn it around, it becomes a pleasant surprise.

Not sure what that "acceptance" means. Are you still going to tune in tomorrow and root for the team? I am. I agree we don't look like a playoff team. But its not going to affect my following the team. I'm still watching, and still pulling for them. And even though I realistically understand our chances are dwindling, the bottom line is that after tonight we will still be no worse than one game in the loss column away from a playoff spot and there's plenty of baseball to play.

Not in any way picking on you but it seems that there are people who seem to relish making a daily (or more than daily) declaration of how this is not a playoff team. Some of them have been doing it since May. They will probably be right, but I guess I don't see the joy in making the declaration 5 or 10 or 20 times a week. I know we all express our fan hood in different ways, but I have to admit I just don't get it. (And I will note that a lot of those same people made plenty of similar declarations in 2012, 2013, and 2014).

Not sure what that "acceptance" means. Are you still going to tune in tomorrow and root for the team? I am. I agree we don't look like a playoff team. But its not going to affect my following the team. I'm still watching, and still pulling for them. And even though I realistically understand our chances are dwindling, the bottom line is that after tonight we will still be no worse than one game in the loss column away from a playoff spot and there's plenty of baseball to play.

Not in any way picking on you but it seems that there are people who seem to relish making a daily (or more than daily) declaration of how this is not a playoff team. Some of them have been doing it since May. They will probably be right, but I guess I don't see the joy in making the declaration 5 or 10 or 20 times a week. I know we all express our fan hood in different ways, but I have to admit I just don't get it. (And I will note that a lot of those same people made plenty of similar declarations in 2012, 2013, and 2014).

Yep. (Was unable to give Rep until it's spread around more.)

Archived