Elias' Brady comments (Connolly article)

tntoriole

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, interloper said:

Interesting. Yeah and there was similar praise for Gary and Brian. It sounds like Elias maybe hasn't even gotten to baseball operations personnel yet and he'll assess once he does. 

Mejdal needs time to code the algorithm to calculate Elias' odds of success with Brady in the picture.  That's my theory.

28 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Who was the last guy in an O's front-office role - as opposed to an on-field position - who was let go before his contract was up? Don't expect answers about anyone until it's time for their contract to be renewed.

As Elias said about the Brady situation, "I think we will answer those questions very well over time and see how things go and see how we can work together and build an appropriate relationship." In other words, it's not time to decide yet.

Or he just doesn't want to come out and say "I was told to keep Brady around".

4 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Or he just doesn't want to come out and say "I was told to keep Brady around".

Nope. He has full control of the front office. He may keep Brady because that is what he and ownership agreed to. This guy did not need to come here. He chose to. 

1 minute ago, mdbdotcom said:

But I'm glad you really do. Always enjoy reading what say.

Well thanks man.  I mean, I think that comment was out of frustration.  I post here WAY too much, spend WAY too much time reading stuff that others have to say.....so yeah, I do care, despite what I say in the heat of the moment.

I believe what I said was that if Angelos Bros hire someone and then don't give them full reign, nothing really matters.  And if that's the case, I don't care.  

Elias seems to have full carte blanche here.  I'm excited.

48 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well, maybe we're wrong and Brady is actually a competent guy and Elias sees value in him?  It's possible.  And then if he keeps Brady on, do we give Elias the benefit of the doubt or is that strike one against him?  

Waiting for Frobby to tell us how bored he is of this :skeletor:

Sorry for the delay.  I’m so bored, I’d rather watch replays of all 115 losses than endure a further belaboring of this topic.   

46 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah....no.  If we're all aboard the Elias train and Elias sees value in Brady, we need to give him the benefit of the doubt.  If Elias is reading OH and is like "Yup, these dorks on a message board want Brady gone, I'm letting him go Friday," then...Elias is a dunce.  And we know Elias is not a dunce.

And if Elias IS reading this....hey man, hit me up.  I'll start off at the lowest rungs of the organization and work my way up.  Seriously, just gimme a shot.  

First of all, I hope you land this job with Elias. You may want to make sure he knows about your awesome computer skills.

Second, the problem with Brady is what he represents: hazy reporting structures, dysfunctional communication, backbiting, and general weirdness. (Not saying Brady's weird... just his ill-defined roll.)

Hey, my OH handle tells it all. I enjoyed Brady as an Oriole and a veteran presence. I don't like him rooting around the warehouse, making random suggestions that are over-attended-to. 

It's time for Brady to get a new job title, or leave. I don't understand why he doesn't just become the team's trainer. That seems like his perfect job. 

But honestly, the smartest thing he could do would be to let Brady go as soon as convenient. I hate to say it, but that's probably good chess.

3 minutes ago, Bradysburns said:

First of all, I hope you land this job with Elias. You may want to make sure he knows about your awesome computer skills.

Second, the problem with Brady is what he represents: hazy reporting structures, dysfunctional communication, backbiting, and general weirdness. (Not saying Brady's weird... just his ill-defined roll.)

Hey, my OH handle tells it all. I enjoyed Brady as an Oriole and a veteran presence. I don't like him rooting around the warehouse, making random suggestions that are over-attended-to. 

It's time for Brady to get a new job title, or leave. I don't understand why he doesn't just become the team's trainer. That seems like his perfect job. 

It would be a significant demotion.

Archived