Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

The Toe back with the Rockies...sort of.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/4649/mark-reynolds

Rockies signed 1B Mark Reynolds to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
Reynolds put up an .839 OPS with 30 home runs and 97 RBI over 148 games with Colorado in 2017 before predictably regressing last year as a part-time player with the Nationals. Free agent acquisition Daniel Murphy appears locked in as the Rockies' new primary first baseman, and Ian Desmond and Ryan McMahon also figure to get reps at the position, so Reynolds probably isn't going to have the opportunity to do nearly as much Coors Field mashing in his return there. The 35-year-old can be ignored in standard fantasy drafts this spring

Very quietly, Buck and Dan are still unemployed.  Interesting.  I know a lot of folks seemed very sure both would immediately get jobs elsewhere the minute they left the Orioles.  But they haven't.  Is Duquette seen as out of touch in this analytic-driven era?  And has Buck's Britton decision in 2016 tarnished his reputation?  Or was Buck's decision to bat Chris Davis over 400 times last year, usually in the middle of the order, part of it?  Or is it something else?  Maybe they're just deciding to hang it up after two frustrating years (I could hardly blame them).  

2 minutes ago, FanSince88 said:

Very quietly, Buck and Dan are still unemployed.  Interesting.  I know a lot of folks seemed very sure both would immediately get jobs elsewhere the minute they left the Orioles.  But they haven't.  Is Duquette seen as out of touch in this analytic-driven era?  And has Buck's Britton decision in 2016 tarnished his reputation?  Or was Buck's decision to bat Chris Davis over 400 times last year, usually in the middle of the order, part of it?  Or is it something else?  Maybe they're just deciding to hang it up after two frustrating years (I could hardly blame them).  

I did figure Buck would have a job on TV within days of leaving the O's.

Kind of a bit shocked by this, even a M-I-L deal:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/02/giants-sign-gerardo-parra.html

The Giants have agreed to a minor league contract with veteran outfielder Gerardo Parra, reports Jon Heyman of the MLB Network (Twitter link). The Octagon client will head to Major League Spring Training in hopes of earning a spot on San Francisco’s Opening Day roster. If he can, Parra would earn a $1.75MM salary, per Jon Heyman of MLB Network (Twitter link), with $250K in incentives tied to plate appearances.

On 2/14/2019 at 9:00 PM, Can_of_corn said:

I did figure Buck would have a job on TV within days of leaving the O's.

I know you and others felt that way.

I know Buck talked a few times over the years about life after Baltimore and I sure got the impression, that he wanted to spend time with his family and enjoy life, as he missed so much, working.

• 2 weeks later...