Of the players on the OD roster, who are you most excited about?

Sports Guy

I want to see Santandar turn a corner and become an .900 OPS hitter.

For pitchers, its hometown hero Bruce Zimmerman.  If he can stick, it would be a nice find and would salvage the Gausman deal.

My sleeper pick is Urias who I think could put up a .750 to .800 OPS if given a shot.

33 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I want to see Santandar turn a corner and become an .900 OPS hitter.

For pitchers, its hometown hero Bruce Zimmerman.  If he can stick, it would be a nice find and would salvage the Gausman deal.

My sleeper pick is Urias who I think could put up a .750 to .800 OPS if given a shot.

I want to see Mountcastle shut up ever poster that wanted to sign Cruz.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd rather see Sisco than Severino.

Severino strikes me as lazy (my opinion don't @me).  That to me is a greater crime than a lack of talent.

I wouldn’t use the term lazy, but he fails to get in the best position to block pitches too often, and he also occasionally seems to flat out lose focus on catching the baseball.    I think he’s still an overall better defensive catcher than Sisco, but he’s not as good as he could be.     

I’m really looking forward to the day Rutschman takes over as our starting catcher.   He seems to have all the tools defensively, plus the personality.   

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 2:30 PM, OFFNY said:

o

o

On 3/31/2021 at 4:26 PM, Can_of_corn said:

Man, the rebuild is going well when you are most looking forward to an injury plagued relief pitcher, and a 32 year-old reclamation project.

o

Actually, I wasn't even thinking about the oft-injured young pitcher (Hunter.) I was thinking of Matt. He's only been an average-ish starting pitcher so far this season, but considering the fact that he was signed to a Minor League contract in March, that's been pretty satisfying (for me.)

o

4 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Ced the Entertainer of course... But mostly Matt Harvey! What a find by Elias!

I thought it would be King Felix but Harvey has just STEPPED IT UP.

Same. I thought King Felix had the best chance , but Harvey is really solid so far. He's not what he was during his Mets days, but Harvey gives you a chance to win.