O's reportedly offer Tex $20 million/yr, 9 years

Hooded Viper

I am going to say that I don't believe the offer of 9/180 is there right now.

Are you saying you don't believe this?

As of last night that was what I was hearing, Yes.
So, 9/180 is legit? We are actually offering that?
My understanding is that we intended to make that offer today. That why I said earlier that you would hear the National media make reference to us more in the next day or so.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I may be in the minority here, but I hope the Nats beat this offer. The first few years would be great, but that contract has a lot of downhill potential. I shutter to think of the anchor that Tex will be when he's 37-39 making 20+ million.

Unless winning isn't a priority, you gotta spend money at some point. The key is to try and spend it wisely. I think this will be money well spent.

It all depends on who he is hearing it from...

I don't trust Schmuck or Roch and as both get filtered info...

"Tuesday, December 9, 2008 | Print Entry

Posted by Steve Phillips

Left-hander CC Sabathia isn't going to make a decision about where he's going to pitch for at least another week."

Come on...if a media member says it, it must be accurate.:rolleyes:

the Nats have offered 8 yrs. 160 mil to Tex! They announced it just before they went off the air. Well....here we go! Come on PETE get in the fight.

We must get him. No if's, and's, or but's!

If this is true, then i think the Orioles should offer the same deal. For the same money, he is an Oriole...I have no doubt about that.

No need to go to 9/180 unless we need to(if that is a level they want to go tlo).

If this is true, then i think the Orioles should offer the same deal. For the same money, he is an Oriole...I have no doubt about that.

No need to go to 9/180 unless we need to(if that is a level they want to go tlo).

I wouldn't be so sure. We have no idea if Tex liked his time in the National League better and views the Nats as a team that could be a contender faster, seeing as they play in a much weaker division.

That said, I'd offer the same thing and counter if he sways towards the Nats.

Archived